Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] B. Tapestry - Loan Signing From France

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
That's one in the eye for Harry (Rednapp)

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
According to the BBC article in the OP, a request was made for it to be brought over in 1966 but that was refused.

Presumably the replica that lives in Reading?

There's a replica in Hastings/Battle isn't there? I've definitely seen a version of it when I was a kid and went on either a school trip or family excursion.

Yeah, apparently it WASN'T the original we saw - I've checked with the Fount Of All Knowledge. (My mum). She said if was definitely a replica - not sure if it's the one in Reading (Notters), or whether it's one that apparently is always there (GNLF).

Very disappointed, I'd always assumed I'd seen the original. :(

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It's a no from me.Bayeux are in National 3,bit like the Nationwide,and I don't like the cut of their cloth.Sure we could do better.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just like being there:-

Playmobil Bayeux Tapestry

Cuu4k29WYAACld-.jpg

Cuu4np3WcAAQ7yF.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yeah, apparently it WASN'T the original we saw - I've checked with the Fount Of All Knowledge. (My mum). She said if was definitely a replica - not sure if it's the one in Reading (Notters), or whether it's one that apparently is always there (GNLF).

Very disappointed, I'd always assumed I'd seen the original. :(

What you saw was a replica, called the Hastings Embroidery. It was on display in our Town Hall for many years, which is where I saw it as a kid. It later moved to Hastings Pier and eventually into storage. There was a campaign some time back to have it restored and put back on public display. Sadly, nothing came of it.

If the real thing comes to England then I can't think of anywhere that deserves to host it more than Hastings.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
A French clown politician apparently made a joke, as to what we could send over there of equal value. We sent the best of us twice, last century, a lot of them are still there. :tosser:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've just learnt that it contains scenes of gratuitous nudity that have absolutely no relevance to the events depicted as exemplified at bottom edge of picture...
View attachment 93111

And that is allegedly not a bush but a shrubbery.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
A French clown politician apparently made a joke, as to what we could send over there of equal value. We sent the best of us twice, last century, a lot of them are still there. :tosser:

We could send HMS Victory over there... again ;)

Edit: Sorry Birdman, just saw your post :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here