Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How much would it cost to rebuild the Goldstone Ground?

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
If we hadn't had the Goldstone Ground stolen from us, I wonder where we would be now.

Would we still be there, with it being an all seater 19,000 ground, playing in Championship or League One?

I wonder how things could have been different

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
I suspect we'd be an established PL side, with an updated 50K all seater Goldstone in a fantastic location with no travel problems in & out!

Jan 30, 2008
walked past the site before Christmas EVERYTHING ABOUT A PROPER FOOTBALL GROUND YOU WOULD WANT not some out post on the south downs
regards
DR

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
I'm surprised that the cost of LEGO hasn't been factored in. At current LEGO prices £250m for 'that' stand.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Some seem to be missing this bit! EXACTLY the same, no add ons.

Do you mean exactly the same as it was just before we were forced out? It would probably cost a fair bit to get all the metal to rust and give a genuine "aged" feel to all the fittings.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Note to OP Only ever had a dump once at a football ground and that was at The Goldstone. I went in the toilet in the North West terrace, it was on the side of The West Stand. It stirs happy memories because although it was not plush it was far better than the North stand toilets and there was toilet paper. If this can be replicated in a new copy of The Godstone. ....I am in. I will donate one toilet roll for that latrine.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Do you mean exactly the same as it was just before we were forced out? It would probably cost a fair bit to get all the metal to rust and give a genuine "aged" feel to all the fittings.

Yes I literally mean exactly as it was for the last game of the season, pre us nicking everything obviously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here