Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Home shirt availability

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So are shirts just for one season now? Really? I know I’m coming late to this party, but are we really happy to accept that? If you have 2/3 young lads who want the full kit that is a lot of money for one season.

They are if we get relegated and you had the PL badges put on :laugh:

Withdeano

Oct 30, 2010
Horsham
I received an email from Paul Barber on this subject early in the New Year. A quick copy and paste below, but it seems to have gone largely to plan. I can understand why they will be looking to run stocks down now with a new shirt en route in the Summer...

"I’m very pleased to report that, as of this morning, we still have a reasonable stock level of home shirts and these are currently available in all sizes. This suggests that all those fans that wanted home shirts for Christmas got them.

It also suggests that our staff did an excellent job in both estimating and managing the exceptional demand we have faced for replica shirts this season - despite a much higher volume of summer sales leading to the initial stock of shirts selling out for a period much earlier than usual.

Christmas replica shirt sales were also very high and, as a result, sales of this season’s home shirt will easily surpass the sales volumes of any previous shirt in the club’s history.

As is normal, some people bought their new replica shirt in the summer - and the highest ever number of people did this - and, also as is normal, some people were happy to wait until Christmas, and accept the shorter shelf life of the shirt. Again, even larger numbers than usual did this too.

Thankfully, and despite concerns from some, we’ve been able to satisfy both camps. It is of course our job to sell out of stock without having to discount and we now expect to do so for the final time this season within the next few weeks or so. We will therefore soon put out a final call for home shirts. "

West Brom on Saturday we’re advertising their home shirt then 25% off and the away one at 40% off. I bet Paul Barber spat his dentures out in shocked disgust!! Have to say it seemed as though the other Albion are doing a lot of things right (except clappers 🤔).

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Have to say it seemed as though the other Albion are doing a lot of things right.

Alternative view: they over-ordered and are now selling at a discount, pissing off loyal fans who bought one just a few weeks ago.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Not sorry to hear that there will be a new shirt next season...really don't like the current one.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
I got my son's name put on his shirt and after around the second wash one of the letters is half hanging off.Really annoyed.Damn thing cost around £85.
Have to either find the right stuff to stick it back on or take it off and change my son's name by deedpoll which I am reluctant to do.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sounds like excellent stock management to me.

Long are the days when year 1 at the Amex there was a massive surplus of unsold home shirts to the point where just joining the lottery you got a free one.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I got my son's name put on his shirt and after around the second wash one of the letters is half hanging off.Really annoyed.Damn thing cost around £85.
Have to either find the right stuff to stick it back on or take it off and change my son's name by deedpoll which I am reluctant to do.

Happened with my sons shirt and I took it back to the shop where they were more than happy to re-apply the lettering with no quibble at all.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Yeah actually he will be wearing it Sat for the game so I will take it to be fixed.Thanks for that.At least I won't have to bother with the deed poll.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well yes. But nonetheless why just one season? Wasn’t there some sort of commitment to have a shirt for two seasons at some point or did I completely imagine that?

I think the yellow away shirt is being used next season, in the same way the third kit (black) was valid for two seasons. I might be wrong, but I believe the Nike contract hasn't long to run?

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
So are shirts just for one season now? Really? I know I’m coming late to this party, but are we really happy to accept that? If you have 2/3 young lads who want the full kit that is a lot of money for one season.

From memory I think the Nike deal may have been 3 years. With this being the final season. (could be wrong)

Not sure if this was deliberately planned to maximise shirt sales. No details yet as to whether Nike will be kept for next year. Personally i won't be too disappointed if we chose someone else.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'd love it if we went back to Errea. No 3 month gaps with no shirts, and their leisurewear is far better.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
This is odd.

Most days I think Barber is out to screw every last penny out of us by changing the shirts so regularly - so those with kids have to keep shelling out the £££ so the kids have the latest shirts.

Then he massively under-orders and we go months without any shirts to sell at all. Now it seems that most of those have gone. "The summer" is a long time to wait to buy a football shirt!

(I have just checked three clubs: Newcastle, Bournemouth & Huddersfield. They all have first team shirts available in ALL sizes)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
(I have just checked three clubs: Newcastle, Bournemouth & Huddersfield. They all have first team shirts available in ALL sizes)

Yeah, but if they all still have them available in July - with a new kit weeks away - who's the genius?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Ahh but its very easy for them, because unlike us, they don't have UNPRECEDENTED DEMAND for their shirts, you see.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I went a couple of months without a shirt (Mrs MBH bought me one the wrong size and there were no replacements by the time I had to change it) - however I can see PB's reasoning behind their stock strategy here.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I went a couple of months without a shirt (Mrs MBH bought me one the wrong size and there were no replacements by the time I had to change it) - however I can see PB's reasoning behind their stock strategy here.

I can see why the club would want minimal stock available once Christmas has come and gone. I'm sure the club has a raft of data on how many shirts are sold between January and May when a new shirt is due, and I bet it's not a huge number.

I'm not sure I can see the merit in going a long period spanning Summer and Autumn without shirts though, and I get that it wasn't by design. My household didn't get any shirts this year because there were none when we wanted them and I wasn't going to spend the best part of £100 at Christmas for something that would get such little wear.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
If things don't improve, the current might become a real collector's piece....

Arthur Negus great-great-great grandson - "Ahh, a real gem of a find....BHA's one and only season in the PL"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here