Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] James Collins

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Collins would be a great addition. We are very soft in the centre of defence and need to toughen up. He can help do it. We need experience for a good dozen games or so, no more. Ideal !!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Bet West Ham fans are not happy if this is true

They have others to shift before this guy like Fonte for example

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Calm down, he’d be 4th choice and unlikely to get a game I reckon. Goldson gets half a season elsewhere to get fully ready for his start next season after we sell Dunk, Uwe becomes primary cover (which is fine).

Yes, but I'd sooner have anyone (insert youth player here) other than a hugely expensive hasbeen as fourth choice.

Nope, never for me.

Not worth it, never in a month of Sundays.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Calm down, he’d be 4th choice and unlikely to get a game I reckon. Goldson gets half a season elsewhere to get fully ready for his start next season after we sell Dunk, Uwe becomes primary cover (which is fine).

This. We get backup for Dunk/Duffy, plus an experienced Premier League head in the dressing room. Currently only Sidwell, Murray, Krul and Rosenior have experience of playing in this league, I reckon we could do with another

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Poor signing if true. Desperation

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
This rumour has some legs I reckon as Reece Oxford has been recalled from Germany and playing for Ammers tonight! Goldson to go out on loan to Fulham I reckon!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Uwe will back up D&D so Collins will likely only ever be on the bench and even then only when there is a suspension or injury.

CG will be superb but does need game time so something like this is bound to happen for a past it CB on a 6 month contract. I doubt we'll pay much more than what we save on CG's wages either!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Heard he almost came to us in the summer. To be honest his experience would be an asset and it might help us stop conceding set pieces!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I suspect that whether we stay up or go down, we are preparing for Dunk to go in the summer and that CG is his replacement. That is why so much focus is being put on getting CG a full half season of regular football and we are actively looking for cover.

Just sensible forward planning and will have no effect whatsoever on the search for a striker.

This is the most likely answer. I guess it won't stop the usual suspects on here pissing their pants though :facepalm:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why is it unfeasible that Collins could replace Duffy in the immediate term? He has been pretty poor for a while now and at least directly responsible for 2 goals from corners since the new year ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Now being reported in this mornings Sun. Says your after him for £2m ��

Cost of a sensible insurance policy I guess, exactly as we did last season...........barring injuries/suspensions he's unlikely to get a game (except in our run to the FA Cup semis perhaps :lolol:)

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Does buying the Roast Beef after buying the Veg ruin your roast dinner? Hope that simplifies it a little.

Ha!

As long as there is Roast Beef left in the shop, otherwise you would have spent the whole time shopping for veg when what you really want is the Roast Beef.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here