Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] James Collins

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I suspect that whether we stay up or go down, we are preparing for Dunk to go in the summer and that CG is his replacement. That is why so much focus is being put on getting CG a full half season of regular football and we are actively looking for cover.

Just sensible forward planning and will have no effect whatsoever on the search for a striker.

I gave you a thumbs up for the sense in the post, but is there any other kind of planning?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I suspect that whether we stay up or go down, we are preparing for Dunk to go in the summer and that CG is his replacement. That is why so much focus is being put on getting CG a full half season of regular football and we are actively looking for cover.

Just sensible forward planning and will have no effect whatsoever on the search for a striker.

100% this

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Would be a very good signing and maybe let one of our centre backs out of the firing line as well as letting Goldson go to Ipswich to get some quality game time.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
That thread also talks about Carroll to Chelsea.
I closed it down after that. lol
But that's been rumoured in the nationals for weeks. One of bizarre can do a job until the end of the season transfers.

However does not question the validity of the West Ham forum.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
If the James Collins thing turns out to be just a rumour and nothing more, would Forren do for a half season loan to cover CG? Could he be 2018's answer to Peter Suddaby?

Not if we want to name a 25-man squad on February 1 with 8 HGPs, no.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ha, Collins was the fella I decided the squad needed in the summer in order help D & D acclimatise to playing in the Premier League. :lol: :facepalm:

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
That will sort out our striker shortage then............

Not.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Oh my God. This is a new low. So we expend a large percentage of the wage budget etc. on a past it PL failure? Why? So we can loan out a potentially superb covering CB whilst in the midst of an almost inevitable relegation dog fight... I mean COME ON! Collins has played a significant role in one of the worst PL defences over recent seasons, he is and always will be a mid table Championship defender at best! At this stage in his 'glittering' career he's more league sodding 1... FFS.

I only hope he actually doesn't want to come... Please not him, he's bloody awful.

Arghhhhhh. James Collins.

I'll say it again:

James Collins.

Sweet Jesus and the lord of all that sucks, I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Oh my God. This is a new low. So we expend a large percentage of the wage budget etc. on a past it PL failure? Why? So we can loan out a potentially superb covering CB whilst in the midst of an almost inevitable relegation dog fight... I mean COME ON! Collins has played a significant role in one of the worst PL defences over recent seasons, he is and always will be a mid table Championship defender at best! At this stage in his 'glittering' career he's more league sodding 1... FFS.

I only hope he actually doesn't want to come... Please not him, he's bloody awful.

Arghhhhhh. James Collins.

I'll say it again:

James Collins.

Sweet Jesus and the lord of all that sucks, I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

Calm down, he’d be 4th choice and unlikely to get a game I reckon. Goldson gets half a season elsewhere to get fully ready for his start next season after we sell Dunk, Uwe becomes primary cover (which is fine).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here