Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Joshua Vs Parker [BOXING]

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
I remember the good ole days.Waiting up to watch Tyson fight live from Vegas.These days the heavyweight division is a joke.
Joshua will struggle to really prove himself because there isn't much out there to test him.

Meanwhile people will rave about him even though he's had one fight against a good/great heavyweight
and that old man almost beat him.As for his dull,bland personality,give me the ear biting Tyson anytime.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Judging how both boxers performed with the same opponent- Takam, this could be a closer fight than many people think.

Not sure you can accurately judge AJ on his last fight, he had 11 days notice for Takam and was originally due to fight a completely different type of boxer in Pulev so would have been sparring the wrong type of fighters to prepare him properly.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not sure you can accurately judge AJ on his last fight, he had 11 days notice for Takam and was originally due to fight a completely different type of boxer in Pulev so would have been sparring the wrong type of fighters to prepare him properly.

Plus Takam had been warned to be on stand by 6 weeks earlier so had watched videos and been training to beat AJ if the fight came off.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I remember the good ole days.Waiting up to watch Tyson fight live from Vegas.These days the heavyweight division is a joke.
Joshua will struggle to really prove himself because there isn't much out there to test him.

I think Parker, Wilder & Fury will all be great tests for AJ.
He was also tested by Whyte, Vlad & Takam, who each rocked AJ very hard, or made him very uncomfortable during the fight.

If you want a fiery and super-competitive division, right now the MW and SMW divisions are class.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
I think Parker, Wilder & Fury will all be great tests for AJ.
He was also tested by Whyte, Vlad & Takam, who each rocked AJ very hard, or made him very uncomfortable during the fight.

If you want a fiery and super-competitive division, right now the MW and SMW divisions are class.

Tyson,Bowe,Spinks,Holyfield, Lewis, Moore,Ruddock.Then you have the Ali period.
I would say what Joshua has to test him doesn't compare anywhere near.

The heavyweight division is long dead.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
As for Fury,you don't abuse your body like that and keep away from boxing for so long without
it making a big difference.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester

Meanwhile people will rave about him even though he's had one fight against a good/great heavyweight
and that old man almost beat him.As for his dull,bland personality,give me the ear biting Tyson anytime.

Yeah, I've always preferred rapists to well spoken dedicated role models too.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Yeah, I've always preferred rapists to well spoken dedicated role models too.

So do many other people judging by the hysteria a Tyson fight caused before and after his false conviction.
In comparison Joshua as a person is as bland as his boxing as shown in his last fight.

However he says and does the right thing so is a dream for the marketing people.Just not my cup of tea at all.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Tyson,Bowe,Spinks,Holyfield, Lewis, Moore,Ruddock.Then you have the Ali period.
I would say what Joshua has to test him doesn't compare anywhere near.

The heavyweight division is long dead.

What are you on about?
I listed names of those who have tested, and will test AJ.

I then recommended two other divisions which are more competitive and entertaining (my subjective opinion).

No one is talking about the Heavyweight division of the past.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Joshua should win this one. From what I've seen of Parker he doesn't have enough to beat AJ. He'll be tough and will take a lot of Joshua's hits but he doesn't have the power or all round ability to get a k.o or points win. If Parker is to win he'll need to give the performance of his career.

But it's heavy weight boxing, so who really knows?

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Actually he wasn’t proven guilty get your facts right.

I do have my facts right: Hughie and Fury accepted backdated bans of 2 years for testing positive for Nandrolone and the results of fights in February 2015 were scrubbed off the record.

The fact that Fury still protests his innocence is neither here nor there, the proposed defence of eating ridiculous amounts castrated wild bore is laughable and has been used a number of times before in drugs cover ups http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/atptour/2371004/The-truth-about-nandrolone.html.

To be honest the whole thing was a massive fudge and proves that drug abuse in Boxing is not taken seriously by the governing bodies or promoters.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I do have my facts right: Hughie and Fury accepted backdated bans of 2 years for testing positive for Nandrolone and the results of fights in February 2015 were scrubbed off the record.

The fact that Fury still protests his innocence is neither here nor there, the proposed defence of eating ridiculous amounts castrated wild bore is laughable and has been used a number of times before in drugs cover ups http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/atptour/2371004/The-truth-about-nandrolone.html.

To be honest the whole thing was a massive fudge and proves that drug abuse in Boxing is not taken seriously by the governing bodies or promoters.

Read the actual report. It far from days they were found guilty. The accepting of retrospective bans was just a fudge so no one would lose face.

https://www.ukad.org.uk/assets/uploads/Files/2017/Tyson_and_Hughie_Fury.pdf

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
What are you on about?
I listed names of those who have tested, and will test AJ.

I then recommended two other divisions which are more competitive and entertaining (my subjective opinion).

No one is talking about the Heavyweight division of the past.

I'm on about the boxers you listed are a poor test compared to previous times.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Read the actual report. It far from days they were found guilty. The accepting of retrospective bans was just a fudge so no one would lose face.

https://www.ukad.org.uk/assets/uploads/Files/2017/Tyson_and_Hughie_Fury.pdf

Definitely a massive fudge because UKAD couldn't take the financial risk of taking it all through to conclusion, but if anyone believes the Fury's defence of eating uncastrated wild boar then they need to get the word MUG removed from their forehead.

Its a well known pre-prepared defence used by drugs cheats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here