Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Relax and chill a little .....

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I accept this isn't going to sit well with so many people but hey.

As with most of you I am Goldstone, travelled away, had a ST throughout Withdean and, of course during The Amex, no real shocks there.

Where I seem to differ from so many of you is the enjoyment I get from following the Albion and the impact our season(s) have on my life.

Please don't get me wrong, I like to see us win, I love seeing us home & away in the Premier League and enjoy the odd cup run.

With all of that said more than anything I enjoy following The Albion, be that away at Kidderminster Harriers or home to Chelsea. When we lose I'm disappointed, that's it. If, and I don't think it will happen, we got relegated I'd be disappointed, but life carries on. We'll need reasonable status to maintain the stadium etc but we are more than capable of doing that.

People are expressing deep sorrow, anger, tears and horror; leave that for war, personal tragedy, famine and terrorism, not a game of footie.

CH will keep us up, so keep your chins up, but next time you feel any real anger or sorrow take a look at Save The Children's website, or the NSPCC, UNICEF, Poverty Action etc, The Albion is very important to me and to you, but everyone's trying their best, a striker will come, we'll sign two great loanees and the World will keep on spinning.

No Priestfield ??? Glory hunter

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Well done, a positive take on things. About time we shot down the nay sayers......I want to sing GOSBTS and stand with hand on heart and a trembling lip:albion2:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
To all of those I've spoken to over the weekend that have just been super negative please re-read, it doesn't matter in the great scheme of things, we are still in a reasonable position and have loads of opportunities to grab points. Keep the Faith!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Monday morning and I'm still really angry that we were cheated out of a result on Saturday

Poor penalty decisions and played well, a lot to be thankful for.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
No worked in Hong Kong and Europe 1979-92 then only got back into it 1999

1993-1998? What were you doing then? JCLs like you make me sick, it's people like you who RUIN the Amex. The Goldstone was so much better with 70,000 die-hard Albion fans week in, week out.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
1993-1998? What were you doing then? JCLs like you make me sick, it's people like you who RUIN the Amex. The Goldstone was so much better with 70,000 die-hard Albion fans week in, week out.

How correct you are, I should also confess to leaving the game at Swansea on the final whistle without applauding the players as had to get back to Sussex, to be fair I think I'm just not cut out for this .......

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Christ on a bike, people calling this season a disaster, calling for Chris to go, what did you think this season would be?

I'm very happy to have had a season in the Premier League and will be delighted IF we stay up by a point. If we don't then we have a great man to get us up there again.

We are a football club, well run but not a cut throat business, Chris needs to stay.

Chill everyone please, Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal, Tottenham, Everton, West Ham, Watford etc were never going to be bricking it over playing us and we've had some success, West Brom, Palace, Bournemouth, Stoke etc all have Premier League experience and we've done OK and Huddersfield and Newcastle are not really fairing any better than us. We have 23 points from 24, I'd like us to get a point a game plus 10% so that'd be 26.5 pts, a couple of wins and we're right back in the zone.

Let's put energy into getting behind the team rather then bitching about things we can't really change, we must cut our cloth accordingly.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Christ on a bike, people calling this season a disaster, calling for Chris to go, what did you think this season would be?

I'm very happy to have had a season in the Premier League and will be delighted IF we stay up by a point. If we don't then we have a great man to get us up there again.

We are a football club, well run but not a cut throat business, Chris needs to stay.

Chill everyone please, Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal, Tottenham, Everton, West Ham, Watford etc were never going to be bricking it over playing us and we've had some success, West Brom, Palace, Bournemouth, Stoke etc all have Premier League experience and we've done OK and Huddersfield and Newcastle are not really fairing any better than us. We have 23 points from 24, I'd like us to get a point a game plus 10% so that'd be 26.5 pts, a couple of wins and we're right back in the zone.

Let's put energy into getting behind the team rather then bitching about things we can't really change, we must cut our cloth accordingly.

I quite agree. History tells us that very few teams (I CBA to look it up) get up to the PL and stay there forever, so I fully expect the Albion to be relegated AT SOME POINT. Whether that is this year, I'm not sure – I'm maintaining the 'they will be back in the drop zone at some point, but won't go down' belief – but the likelihood is that it WILL happen. And then what? We move on and we go again. That's what it's all about – the ups and downs.

Getting rid of the manager isn't going to help, I don't think. It's likely that one or more of the teams that go down WOULD have changed managers, so it's not a solution to EVERY problem. CH is the MAN – let him get on with doing his job, whatever division the Albion are in :albion2:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here