Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Emiliano Sala [signed by Cardiff, confirmed to have been on missing aircraft]

From the BBC Timeline

There have been various updates over the last half an hour or so.

Here's what the latest news we have from Guernsey Police:

A number of floating objects have been spotted in the water
Police have found no signs of those on board
Search and rescue operations have been suspended for the evening
The current plan is for it to resume at sunrise tomorrow
Guernsey Police also confirmed they will be providing no further updates this evening.
I've just listened to the report on PM from a journalist who's been there all day and actually went out on one of the search sorties, but he mentioned nothing about floating objects.

On the Cardiff forum they're suggesting that the plane had 3-4 aborted takeoffs before it got in the air
That's reminiscent of Munich '58.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
With only a few days left in the transfer window, it would be nice if Man Utd remembered their history with air disasters and offered a decent forward on loan to Cardiff. I believe that's how clubs responded following Munich. I would have no issue with that regardless of any impact on us. It's a truly awful tragedy, and I have sympathy for both Nantes and Cardiff let alone the terrible loss to the relatives of Sala, on the threshold of his dream move, and the poor pilot who seems a bit forgotten in all this.

This.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
No it's not. Oneillco's post is exactly what an expert said on Radio 4's 'The World at one' today.

Hindsight is 20/20. We wouldn't have questioned the choice of aircraft had Sala reached his destination safely, but I do agree that there are a lot of questions which need to be raised for a later date. For the time being, however, I think the priority is to hope that they are found as soon as possible. It's a monumental task that the police have to undertake and it's made ever more difficult by the fact that the conditions are so poor at this time of year to conduct a search.

My sympathies are with Sala and the Pilot, their families and their friends.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
With only a few days left in the transfer window, it would be nice if Man Utd remembered their history with air disasters and offered a decent forward on loan to Cardiff. I believe that's how clubs responded following Munich. I would have no issue with that regardless of any impact on us. It's a truly awful tragedy, and I have sympathy for both Nantes and Cardiff let alone the terrible loss to the relatives of Sala, on the threshold of his dream move, and the poor pilot who seems a bit forgotten in all this.
Well said.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Desperately upsetting watching BBC Wales earlier. Even if there was a 0.1% chance of finding the pilot and Emiliano Sala alive, they'd have overnight searches and industrial strength lighting to possibly save them? Resuming at first light now sounds so bleak and almost admitting defeat. Even if they were still alive, hypothermia would have set in many hours ago and that may be the cause of death.

Just so, so sad. Thoughts with their families and friends.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

And the terrible Chapecoense disaster where Brazilian and South American players joined the club.

Barcelona also played a friendly against them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Desperately upsetting watching BBC Wales earlier. Even if there was a 0.1% chance of finding the pilot and Emiliano Sala alive, they'd have overnight searches and industrial strength lighting to possibly save them? Resuming at first light now sounds so bleak and almost admitting defeat. Even if they were still alive, hypothermia would have set in many hours ago and that may be the cause of death.

Just so, so sad. Thoughts with their families and friends.

Those of us who followed Ali J's flight last year.....yes I know there is tragedy all over the world but we are all footy fans, support our local team, and...just imagine. This is awful. :(

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We sussed Knight out 15 years ago, here he underlines that yet again.

I blocked him on Twitter when he was tweeting some vile stuff about women and had his account suspended, so I can't see what he says. I don't want to, either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here