Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Emiliano Sala [signed by Cardiff, confirmed to have been on missing aircraft]

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Hoping for good news, but it doesn't look good – last contact 12 hours ago, apparently. Thoughts to his family, and the pilot's.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Blocks to football. Much bigger issues at stake for all concerned whether footballers or not. Awful news.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Indeed. This is a dreadful human tragedy for a family who thought things were about to get even better, with a shot at Premier league football, and in a moment it's all dashed. It only carries more weight because we know a little bit about the person, and the circumstances around them, but this missing aircraft was the same tragedy before we found out who was on board. We have a strange way of escalating the tragedy when it involves anyone famous.

Dreadful, tragic incident. RIP, my heart goes out to all involved.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Blocks to football. Much bigger issues at stake for all concerned whether footballers or not. Awful news.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Well yes, it's terribly sad and i feel for his friends and family. But we're only discussing this story because he's a footballer who has just signedfor Cardiff, so to then completely ignore that side of the story and just focus on the human implications is... strange. Very human, no doubt, but a little odd on the face of it.

If it's bollocks to football and just concerned about the tragedy, we'd be discussing this story https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-46820519 and this story https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...rashes-near-homes-in-ohio-media-idUSKCN1PG053

But we're not

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
not looking good sadly.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Confirmed he was on board.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Looks really bad ......... and to think we felt hard done by when one of our incoming transfers was hi-jacked on the M25 by Norwich! This puts it all in a different perspective. Rotten luck for Cardiff if this turns out to be as bad as it seems, and obviously a terrible tragedy for the lad and his family.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
How very sad. I’m surprised he would be flying in a tiny plane like that rather than a private jet bearing in mind the amount of money in football these days.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
How incredibly sad, lets hope there’s good news though unlikely.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here