Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Let's talk about an "away end" again

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don't see why a minority (that being, I presume, those who don't like the BANTZ) should mean you have to change things around and even CONTEMPLATE an away end. Why couldn't they just block the offending posters?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's not something I've ever wanted for NSC but, frankly, I'm getting a little bit fed up as...

1. If away (and that generally means Palace) fans post BANTZ and moderating actions ARE NOT taken, then I get moaned at by a section of Albion-supporting NSC users: "how dare they post that on here".

2. If away (and that generally means Palace) fans post BANTZ then and moderating actions ARE taken I get moaned at by a section of Albion-supporting NSC users: "we need to man up and let them post that on here".
So you're fed up that people are moaning at you. Understandable, your inbox looks a little full. How about making it so that such moaning goes to another mod? You could have one mod dedicated to fending off the moaning about away posters.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Christ. How pissy-knickered do you have to get to scream for an away end? Use the ignore function or eff off.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
See: ~Motogull has the idea. That's far, far superior to "snowflake" and doesn't make the user look like a ****.

I agree, I think 'pissy-knickered' is actually a far superior and more accurate expression and I shall try and use it in future. In my defence (as I did use the word 'snowflake' in my post, even though I've never liked the word in that context) 'Snowflake Section' did have a certain element of alliterative appeal and rolled off the tongue a bit better than something like say 'Pissy-knickered pig bin'

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My cock's generally soft when I'm on here but I'm no snowflake .... I don't mind away fans here!

Have you also lived a life of almost unblemished heterosexuality as well? :lolol:

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
One of the things I enjoy most about NSC is that there is, literally, one "Big Board" where everything is posted. There is also a very wide demographic of poster - including away fans. Off the top of my head, we regularly have contributions from fans of Aldershot Town, Burnley, Spurs, Newcastle, Sunderland, Bournemouth, Derby County, Fulham, Sheffield Wednesday......and, of course, Palace. It has helped make NSC what it is, over the years.

Anything which disrupts that would, in my humble opinion, be detrimental to the NSC experience.

Of course, if a poster - any poster - starts being offensive or acting like a pillock, they risk getting themselves banned. But simply posting "banter", in and of itself, shouldn't fall into that category.

Twenty years ago the supporters of the Albion simply refused to allow this club to die; they rose up and through strength of character, spirit, perseverance, humour, creativity and imagination sowed the seeds for this wonderful club to make its way back to the top flight (with amazing facilities to boot). It disappoints me that, after everything we've been through, we now seem to have turned into something that we would have laughed at all those years ago: a bunch of entitled moaners who can't handle a bit of gentle ribbing from our rivals despite the fact we've been handing it out for the last 5 months.

Leave it be, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

This.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here