Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Let's talk about an "away end" again

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Its a genuine question to [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] or others.. Are there enough fans posting on NSC that warrant changing how it works. I don't see that many posting and those that do (see recent post from Sheff Weds poster) often kick off interesting threads or have interesting insights into other players etc.

But, once again, the "away end" as I propose it would leave your Sheff Weds poster, and similar, completely unaffected. It would be for the more mischievous types.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
So more of a sin bin than an away end....for the idiots.

As long as the genuine, polite with a bit of sensible banter away fans are not kicked off the main board into it then yes.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
There is a away end in place in all but name . I'm threatened with banishment if I stray away from a palace related thread . It's funny that all the snowflakes who want us banned will be on it all the time :thumbsup:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
And my tentative proposal for an away end would see that continue (I didn't think most would read my whole opening post and/or interpret it incorrectly). I'll restate:

The purpose of the away end would be:

1. It's where away fans are expected to post their BANTZ and Albion piss-taking.
2. It's where away fans would be banished to if they don't follow 1 above.

The away end wouldn't be for immediately banishing ALL away fans to as soon as their colours are known.

No, I interpreted it correctly. I want the away fans BANTZ and Albion piss-taking to be here on the main board along with our BANTZ and Palace (or whoever) piss-taking. I don't want the equivalent of an Away 'naughty step'.

Plus you'll have the problem of when does someone cross the line? One mod's interpretation of 'crossing the line' may not be another's. Plus you'll have added another level of moderation: you (and the other mods) will have to decide if abuse from an away fan merits a ban or just banishment. Or maybe both.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
The away end on Palace is heavily trolled by heavyweight posters who are uncompromising.

To that end the 'pantz bantz' is there is any of our posters wants to go and sound out SE20, Del Fenner and co they can and indulge in 'pantz bantz'.

In my mind our desire to be more open than 'them' does give an indication of a passive/submissive population. Quite a few of the palace regulars spout on here all balanced and regular like then go back to the BBS and give out crap.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
The away end on Palace is heavily trolled by heavyweight posters who are uncompromising.

To that end the 'pantz bantz' is there is any of our posters wants to go and sound out SE20, Del Fenner and co they can and indulge in 'pantz bantz'.

In my mind our desire to be more open than 'them' does give an indication of a passive/submissive population. Quite a few of the palace regulars spout on here all balanced and regular like then go back to the BBS and give out crap.

You're making the assumption that people have the same username for both.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I used to go on other forums a bit but haven't for ages because if you're away fan you get banned very easily, and generally they have an away end which no one uses/everyone ignores.

I would stick to what we have because its one of the things that makes NSC so much better than others.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]. Couldn’t you have a word with your mates at the club, and ask them to win a couple of matches. We wouldn’t need an away end then.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Can't see it will make any difference unless you have enough spare time to physically bar all away fans from posting on the Big Board if they choose too (and they will).
Leave it alone & ignore the moaning would be my advice.
If people don't have the wit to respond to posts without crying for help you're not going to be able to please them whatever you do.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can't see it will make any difference unless you have enough spare time to physically bar all away fans from posting on the Big Board if they choose too (and they will).

I'm not picking on you, but like many others did you actually read my opening post? The intention would absolutely NOT be that the away end is the only place that away fans can post in.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm not picking on you, but like many others did you actually read my opening post? The intention would absolutely NOT be that the away end is the only place that away fans can post in.

I don’t get the idea of an away end only to banish bellends to. If they’re being bellends, just ban them altogether, and let the rest get on with it :shrug:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Just a question about the away end, would the punishment be for life, or would it be like Steve McQueen in The Great Escape, and be a cooling off period ?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I get the problem for Bozza. Damned if he does and whinged at if he doesn't.

Personally I have no problem whatsoever with absolute dickheads like "The Raver" being banned as posters like him add nothing to the board. All he ever did was come on here on the wind up and spouting complete bollocks that he couldn't back up because it was complete bollocks.

It's not the Palace gimps that are the problem, it's that we're generally too lenient with them and when Bozza does something positive by exterminating the vermin he gets people complaining about it.

Keep things as they are and let the mods get on with dishing out justice to tossers without anyone getting on their case. This would not affect all the relatively normal (for Palace) Palace fans who post on here.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Only if you bring your own ball and glove.

IMG_1866.PNG

I surrender

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here