Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else thinking of taking a sabbatical away from NSC until we stay up?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How will you get objective and insightful political commentary?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
ive thought about it, but just have to remind myself we are In the premier league and still very much I with a shout of staying up

I'm only posting positivity

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'm very tempted. Its a combination of things

1. Its people who don't understand football tactics, or what CH is trying to do with the team, or the recruitment strategy, or the nature of form, or the narrative of a match, or any other of the myriad complexities of football. The level of tactical analysis from so many on here is SHOCKING, which is mad considering these are presumably people who watch huge amounts of football. Can't you just try and understand what the manager is trying to do, what the players are trying to do, how the opposition is trying to stop us, and work from there. Please just understand how it takes time for new players, and players coming back from injury, to get up to speed and into rhythm.

2. People acting just like spoiled children, who won't give the team a second to adjust to the premier league, who are upset that we're not pushing for Europe. If we were pushing for Europe they'd be annoyed we didn't make the champions league. Stop being so bloody spoiled and give a little appreciation for the team and where we are, and enjoy our battle against the odds in the premier league. And indeed a little respect for the teams we're up against. WBA have had seven successive seasons in the premier league, have a bit more respect for what we're up against and what we aspire to be. Basically, stop acting like my children who want another packet of crisps every time we get within a mile of a newsagents. The sense of entitlement pervading this board at the moment is horrendous

3. Trolls, attention-seekers, contrarians, devils-advocates, keyboard warriors and old farts make a HUGELY disproportionate noise on here. Because of that it often seems that the NSC collective feels very out of touch with the normal Brighton fan. For that I have the ignore button, on 40 users and counting, and does make a large difference. I want to engage with people with a brain, not fools with an attitude.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm very tempted. Its a combination of things

1. Its people who don't understand football tactics, or what CH is trying to do with the team, or the recruitment strategy, or the nature of form, or the narrative of a match, or any other of the myriad complexities of football. The level of tactical analysis from so many on here is SHOCKING, which is mad considering these are presumably people who watch huge amounts of football. Can't you just try and understand what the manager is trying to do, what the players are trying to do, how the opposition is trying to stop us, and work from there. Please just understand how it takes time for new players, and players coming back from injury, to get up to speed and into rhythm.

2. People acting just like spoiled children, who won't give the team a second to adjust to the premier league, who are upset that we're not pushing for Europe. If we were pushing for Europe they'd be annoyed we didn't make the champions league. Stop being so bloody spoiled and give a little appreciation for the team and where we are, and enjoy our battle against the odds in the premier league. And indeed a little respect for the teams we're up against. WBA have had seven successive seasons in the premier league, have a bit more respect for what we're up against and what we aspire to be. Basically, stop acting like my children who want another packet of crisps every time we get within a mile of a newsagents. The sense of entitlement pervading this board at the moment is horrendous

3. Trolls, attention-seekers, contrarians, devils-advocates, keyboard warriors and old farts make a HUGELY disproportionate noise on here. Because of that it often seems that the NSC collective feels very out of touch with the normal Brighton fan. For that I have the ignore button, on 40 users and counting, and does make a large difference. I want to engage with people with a brain, not fools with an attitude.

This is bang on.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I quite enjoy the gallows humour after a disastrous result. The last few years have been pretty good though over all?

After a few bad results, a big win over Chelsea will make it a bit more special.

Yes the last few years have been very good, and surely when you sign-up to support a club it's a case of taking the highs and the lows.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
All i will say is that not even 7 years ago we would have punched a nun to be facing relegation from the prem. There are some absolute melts on NSC, and its not just limited to football discussions- but at least they are 'our melts'

Large majority of the human race are ****tards. only have to engage in any activity that involves numerous humans anywhere in the world to see this

Trains
Shops
Planes
Town centres

Full of **** wits

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Last couple of years, I have taken fairly long breaks from this place when it all gets too bad. At times, that has pretty much stretched from the bedwetting phase in the summer through to matters being resolved stay up / miss out the following year.

Stuck around for longer this season, but once the window shuts, I may go again until we are safe, or the dust has settled on the drop.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I quite enjoy the gallows humour after a disastrous result. The last few years have been pretty good though over all?

After a few bad results, a big win over Chelsea will make it a bit more special.

If you like Gallows humour you should of been on here when we were bumping along the bottom of Div 4. We had Orient fans claiming we were rivals and hartlepool fans claiming they were a bigger club. Now we have sack cloth and ash routines from bed wetters when we are 5th from bottom of the Prem with everything to play for, have bragging rights over palace and have been above them for most the season.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
How did you cope when we were properly shit all those years ago?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
If one is going to desist from posting, Shirley simply don't log on and stop posting and/or reading?

:shrug:

Where would the fun be in that? Surely everyone loves a good flounce? :flounce::flounce::flounce:

If you like Gallows humour you should of been on here when we were bumping along the bottom of Div 4. We had Orient fans claiming we were rivals and hartlepool fans claiming they were a bigger club. Now we have sack cloth and ash routines from bed wetters when we are 5th from bottom of the Prem with everything to play for, have bragging rights over palace and have been above them for most the season.

Spot on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here