Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If you joined this site before Dec 2011 please post in here.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Feel a lot of the stick Hughton gets on here is ott.
He can only work with the tools provided to him.

I think a top 17 finish with Murray, Baldock and Hemed as our only strikers, would be a big achievement.

Got to agree with this, maybe his hands are tied.
But just imagine how well he could defend with more talented players. :D

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Been posting on here since the late 90s when you could still change your user name on every post.

I certainly don't want regime change. No words can adequately describe how Tony Bloom has changed this club, Paul Barber has brought it in to the modern era, whatever you think about that and CH is a noble & dignified leader. Last season was my favourite ever.

That doesn't mean we can't be realistic about the current situation. IMO we had a terrible summer window with the exception of Gross & Ryan. We now have one ego too many, no first choice left back and three bang average strikers.

We were always going to struggle with that and pointing it out in rational posts is reasonably cathartic.

The Bloom / CH Out threads are a major embarrassment but we shot ourselves in the foot in the summer, IMO down to lack of experience and a hyper inflated market rather than "doing it on the cheap".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
2006 for me.
I must admit that this season has not been as exciting as I expected. In games at home we have been the better side,other than city and Liverpool, never looked like losing but not looking like winners. If we had converted 3 of those draws to wins we would be relatively comfortable.
I am frustrated that I can't get away tickets, only went to 3 or 4 per year but enjoyed it when I did. There have not been many last minute winners. We have capitulated to the big 6. Need a spark to relight my Albion mojo, maybe it could come on Saturday.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Everyone has the right to express their view. No fan is more equal than any other!

All our polls suggest we are where we expected to be, though. So any rational analysis would lead to the conclusion that we are on track.

Personally, still positive: we have a 2 game gap to the bottom 3 and we've just beaten Palace in the Cup.

We'd all like another striker but I wouldn't want us to blow the budget/wage structure/team spirit on the wrong one.

Above all, I'm just trying to enjoy the season.

PG

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Joined autumn 1997 (I think) so a rock bottom time as an Albion fan. I have always been disappointed if we weren't doing the best that we could with whatever resources we had at the time, so I try and be realistic.
I think our squad is way too thin to cover injuries, loss of form, suspensions and our tactics do not maximise the chance of us getting 3 points in games when we have the edge. I am fearful that we are going down with a whimper but with a better goal difference than many mid-table sides. Hope I am proved wrong; Gritt, Slade etc have done so in the past.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
We'll be all right. Five points from the next three and we'll be feeling chirpier.
As others have said, a couple of wins from two of the home games we've drawn and this thread would never have been started.
Never thought it would be easy.
#backthelads
#enjoytheride

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
We're doomed I tell thee!

Been saying this since 2003 (Which was my actual join date - I think)

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I do not want a regime change, but would like to see more positivity on the pitch. We desperately need some more firepower and I fear that if we do not sign someone (but not just anyone) very soon, it will be too late.

I have supported The Albion for almost 47 years and will always remain an ardent fan, through thick and thin - the rollercoaster is all part of following The Albion!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
:bigwave:

Wouldn't care if we get relegated and yo-yo for a few seasons (hopefully!) really enjoyed the Championship and although we will lose a few, the parachute money will ensure that we will be competitive.

Would prefer to stay up though.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here