Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If you joined this site before Dec 2011 please post in here.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
I joined after the play offs in 2004.
Lurk more than I post, as my paltry post count testifies!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
IMG_0165.GIF

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
June 2011 so I'm in. A mate told me about this site, never ever looked for a football forum before until then. I was on a golf forum before here, hence the name, never thought I would post on here let alone go on it all day every day so didn't make a Brighton themed name up. My mate has a lot to answer for after telling me about this place..

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I've been on here on another account for some time prior to 2010 but it got banned. Anyway we're ****ed, we won't sign strikers and we have no interest in winning games against big sides so we are going down.

Withdean Wanderer?

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I'm enjoying the ride and really think we can and will stay up, but it will be close. I'm also old enough to remember a lot of the 1979-83 times and it was grim watching us hang on in some dreadful games in the old Div 1 days. This has been far more entertaining. I think we're just missing the game where we're totally outclassed by one of the top teams but absolutely rob them with a lucky 1-0 win for us. Against Chelsea at times we were outclassed - with the likes of Hazard and Willian playing well they will outclass much better teams than us - yet there were times when we caused them real problems and with better luck (and reffing) would have had 2 penalties in the first half.

I'm glad we've signed a new striker and equally glad we're not resorting to just chucking money about like we did in '82. Those big 10-year contracts were the start of what nearly destroyed our club. I'll be happy if we stay up but I won't break down in tears if we go down as I'm convinced this squad will be good enough to make a proper job of bouncing straight back a la Burnley / Leicester and then getting established.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I have noticed that many of the bed wetters seem to be after this date but a few before this date ( not many though )

As we know Tony and his team have done a fantastic job in taking us somewhere i never thought i would of seen in my lifetime. Apart from 79-83 ( was 8-12 then) i never thought i would see the likes of Liverpool, Man United etc in Falmer/Hove except cup games after the shit we have been through.

Now going down is not the end of the world, we have had our 79-83 moment and this generation can enjoy that. ( hopefully it carries on )

Win, lose or draw i will still support my club and i certainly would not lower myself in criticising the board, the manager and the team i love at one of our highest points in history.

So lets get some positivity on this board instead of all the negative shit i keep reading about.

Been here long before 2011..... and this season is just one long happy journey. I hope the premiership adventure continues but if not no worries. Brighton forever!

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I am a JCL to the Amex and a JCagesago on here

I think it says 2003 on my profile but it was a year or two before that but I was there when Turkeygate happened

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Loving it, waited 34yrs to see us in the top division and now I am. Hope we stay up but if we don't, it won't change anything for me. BHA till I die.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I think if the worse happens this season, the club will have a lot better chance of returning in a short space of time compared to 1983

The Amex is light years ahead of what the Goldstone eventually became.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here