Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2018/19 Season Ticket Renewals and Prices

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I see your point but this time we’ve had a better quality chocolate which seemed fair to me. What will happen though if they increase the price and we go back to admittedly more chocolate but just the budget range.

Oh I've no issue paying £25 per ticket in the Premier League. The standard is noticeably higher than in the Championship and it was a fair compromise. It's Lindor's chocolate compared to basic Dairy Milk basically. But, like you say, I would have an issue being relegated and then being expected to pay substantially more for my ticket overall... But we'll see. The price rise would have to be substantial for me to consider not renewing.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I will probably need to clarify with the club but somebody on here may have had similar and know the answer. Brorther in Law is 65 in April, during this season but when he renews in Feb he will still be 64 so what price does he pay on his renewal full price as that is what he is or OAP which is what he will be before the season ends. Just a thought if he chose to pay monthly rather than in 1 payment would he pay full until he is 65 then reduce to the lower rate after his birthday. He will renew whatever but if he can get it cheaper so much the better,

My son crossed over to a full paying adult during a season. He was permitted to stay with the lower rate for that season.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Maybe some people prefer to spread the cost and make interest free DD payments over a 12 month period rather than over a 9 month period. The alternative might be to make a lump sum payment, say be mid June to get an early bird discount or price freeze for the following season.

We pay over a 12 month period already.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
So if we get relegated the price still goes up? Am I right?

Dunno the actual numbers but I'd hazard a guess that in the Prem ticket sales represent about 15% of revenue whereas in Champ it's more like 80%.

Damned if the do, damned if they dont

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Dunno the actual numbers but I'd hazard a guess that in the Prem ticket sales represent about 15% of revenue whereas in Champ it's more like 80%.

Championship:
Ticketing 40%
Sponsorship/advertising 25%
PL handouts & TV 25%
Merchandise, etc 10%

PL:
Ticketing 10%
Sponsorship/advertising 10%
TV 75%
Merchandising etc 5%

Brian Munich

teH lulZ
Jul 7, 2008

Last year it was around 40% of income. It’ll be <10% of our income this year. Next year, with about 45m parachute payment, it’ll still only be about 17-18%.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Yes, but with 4 less games it was effectively a 20% increase.

But with 'Premier League' football and the 'big' teams and players we are playing against you would expect a rise in ST prices. If we do get relegated *fingers crossed we dont* if the prices do still remain frozen, then we are back to extra games at the same price again/still. So to have 3 seasons of football with the same ST prices would be pretty good deal.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
No they weren't.... They went up by about £2 a month...

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2017/february/2017-18-season-ticket-renewal-information/

- Season-ticket renewal prices, for those who pay by direct debit, will increase by around £2 per month for adults, with under-10s prices increasing by less than 50 pence per month

Ahh really? I thought the club said if we renewed half way through the season that the prices would be frozen, but fans taking new ST when 'Premier League' football was guarantied would end up paying an inflated price.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
What p!sses me off, is in the Championship there seem to be alot more midweek games, which me and little man cant attend. Especially last season.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Championship:
Ticketing 40%
Sponsorship/advertising 25%
PL handouts & TV 25%
Merchandise, etc 10%

PL:
Ticketing 10%
Sponsorship/advertising 10%
TV 75%
Merchandising etc 5%

Last year it was around 40% of income. It’ll be <10% of our income this year. Next year, with about 45m parachute payment, it’ll still only be about 17-18%.

Cheers .... and of course the total income is greatly reduced so the absolute numbers decline more than the percentages

I think parachutes can be largely ignored ... I see that (rightly or wrongly) as restructuring everything to cope with the new world (not a believer in the 'yo yo' model over here!)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
But with 'Premier League' football and the 'big' teams and players we are playing against you would expect a rise in ST prices. If we do get relegated *fingers crossed we dont* if the prices do still remain frozen, then we are back to extra games at the same price again/still. So to have 3 seasons of football with the same ST prices would be pretty good deal.

Can you explain why for the 2016/17 season, 13 clubs froze their ST prices and 5 actually reduced them. Only two increased their prices. Sunderland and Middlesbrough were the two that increased theirs and that did them a whole lot of good.

And this season most froze their prices, but not us.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Can you explain why for the 2016/17 season, 13 clubs froze their ST prices and 5 actually reduced them. Only two increased their prices. Sunderland and Middlesbrough were the two that increased theirs and that did them a whole lot of good.

And this season most froze their prices, but not us.

I cant, what is your point?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here