Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2018/19 Season Ticket Renewals and Prices

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
. Very similar club in size, however by benefiting from extra cash by being in top fight they actually pass this onto supporters. They also had the best home support of all the away grounds I have been to this season.
https://www.htafc.com/news/2018/february/201819-season-cards-renewals-open-15-january/

Huddersfield aren't a similar club. They are fighting to build a fan base with supporters and fans of dozens of clubs within a 30 min radius. And Rugby League. Which explains the competitive pricing. Only two seasons ago, even with relatively cheap pricing then, they had an average attendance of 12K. Albion's average attendance has been double that at the Amex even when fighting relegation and they have c6000 fans on their ST waiting list willing to pay. If it was the reverse then i'm sure Bloom and Barber's strategy would be v.different.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Have you any idea how much extra revenue will be raised by increasing ticket prices by 4%?

Matchday income for the Albion (ie: ticket prices) since TB took over.

matchday.png

via : http://priceoffootball.com/brighton-and-hove-albion-please-please-please-let-me-get-what-i-want/

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The marketing team will just spin that as reduced match fee

It is though.

Take the annual S/T price and divide by 19 for PL matches or 23 for The Championship.

The Championship games would work out cheaper per match.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Assuming that includes the VAT. Do you know what the net income is?

That said, £10.7m x 4% = £428k. So if it does include VAT, the increased revenue based on those figures is only £356k

yep in that ballpark although thats last years figs though . i guess as attendance has gone up from 27K to 30K, a 4% increase based on full capacity is nearer c500K now

and thats ST prices only. Matchday tickets (only a small percentage mind) went up more.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
On the broader point, I'm not sucking up to anyone. But Tony Bloom HAS put £300m (or more - I've lost count) into the football club. If HE determines that a 4% rise in ticketing prices is the required rate then I don't see I have much of a position to argue with him. My choices are:

- Pay it.
- Don't pay it.

The interest direct debit scheme means I am able to pay it, for now at least, and I will. The amount of "entertainment" and enjoyment that my Albion season ticket gives me far surpasses anything else I spend my money on, and for that reason represents tremendous value.

However, if and when money is tighter then I'll let my season ticket go. I have no divine right to be able to afford to go to football any more than I do to take Upper Class flights. I'm not going to get all upset because Virgin have set their pricing such that others get to fly in a nicer way than I do.

That's just a case of 'stating the bleeding obvious'!! The vast majority of us will have the choice to pay or not but that doesn't mean you have to agree that the price rises are warranted? The extra revenue is a mere pinprick in the amount TB has invested. Quite happy that he takes a reasonable cut out of the TV money. I guess they will be balancing what they can spend to stay in the league with what TB can take out.

The choices are

1. Can pay and more than happy with the increase.
2. Can pay but am uncomfortable (insert your own word) with the increase
3. Can pay but won't.
4. Can't pay so now have to stop going.

There are probably more!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That's just a case of 'stating the bleeding obvious'!! The vast majority of us will have the choice to pay or not but that doesn't mean you have to agree that the price rises are warranted? The extra revenue is a mere pinprick in the amount TB has invested. Quite happy that he takes a reasonable cut out of the TV money. I guess they will be balancing what they can spend to stay in the league with what TB can take out.

The choices are

1. Can pay and more than happy with the increase.
2. Can pay but am uncomfortable (insert your own word) with the increase
3. Can pay but won't.
4. Can't pay so now have to stop going.

There are probably more!

I'm not sure Tony Bloom will be taking much, if anything, back out of Albion's Premier League income just yet. Have you seen how much we've spent on transfer fees and our wage bill will now be eye-watering compared to any we've had before.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I'm neither unhappy nor uncomfortable with the rise, others will be. It's clearly time for a poll...

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
About £1.50 a game if in the Prem so I can take that.

That said the overall price of watching football could be lowered if agents and players took a little less

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
On the broader point, I'm not sucking up to anyone. But Tony Bloom HAS put £300m (or more - I've lost count) into the football club. If HE determines that a 4% rise in ticketing prices is the required rate then I don't see I have much of a position to argue with him. My choices are:

- Pay it.
- Don't pay it.

The interest direct debit scheme means I am able to pay it, for now at least, and I will. The amount of "entertainment" and enjoyment that my Albion season ticket gives me far surpasses anything else I spend my money on, and for that reason represents tremendous value.

However, if and when money is tighter then I'll let my season ticket go. I have no divine right to be able to afford to go to football any more than I do to take Upper Class flights. I'm not going to get all upset because Virgin have set their pricing such that others get to fly in a nicer way than I do.

The point I was making and agreeing with another poster was the fact that the increased revenue of being in the top division should put wiegh a price increase. 4% is neither here nor there with me it’s a principle. Of course Unle Tony has done a marvellous but it was also a chance to reward supporters. Just enough increase not to take the piss is how it feels to me. Sanctimonious comments about take it or leave it and flights on journeys abroad all seem irrelevant and OTT.

kennyb

May 23, 2004
The club from my vantage point dont appear to consult with fans much apart from one forum a year and the occasional survey. I wonder if the club will come out with their reasoning behind the increase and with figures?

Maybe at the next fans forum PB should be asked one simple question " Do you see the club freezing ticket prices in the next two years"

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
With all that extra broadcasting money coming in they could have at least chucked in the travel subsidy that I do not need . And do they give you a refund on your season ticket if they go down ?

But hey it’s only £5 a pint of hop house

kennyb

May 23, 2004
the best way to get some money back is renew your ticket and cut down on things like programmes,merchandise, catering etc we all have our budgets to protect ours is no more important than the club.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Pity my wages haven't gone up 4% too.. :cry:

I can’t remember the last time I had a pay rise....2012 I think it was

That is the flip side of working for someone for 18 years

I’ll renew but if it came to the choice between my st and Golf club membership, footy would go without a blink

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

- Pay it.
- Don't pay it.

Yep, most of this.

The Albion IS my treat to myself. A bit of disposable income also goes on meals out in my case but in the event of reduced circumstances I know what I'd keep and what I wouldn't. The Albion is also a binary choice and, absolutely, Tony should be free to set whatever price given how much he's put in.

There is a wider debate about the necessity for any price increase at any PL club though. The amount of TV money sloshing around should subsidise the cost for all fans that actually go to games IMO. They are providing the product every bit as much as the players. Not sure how many would tune in to football behind closed doors. Instead a disproportionate amount ends up with players and agents. You could argue that players like Hazard, Salah or even our own Gross provide handsome entertainment for the money but for each of them there are a few that are stealing a living and we all know who they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I can’t remember the last time I had a pay rise....2012 I think it was

That is the flip side of working for someone for 18 years

I’ll renew but if it came to the choice between my st and Golf club membership, footy would go without a blink

Careful, you'll have all the holier than thou uber fans shrieking that you are not a real Brighton supporter or something.???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here