Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2018/19 Season Ticket Renewals and Prices

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Zone A has gone from £395 (I think) to £515 since the Amex opened. Simply not good enough imo. Very disappointing the way it’s ‘only x%’ each year, but then it all adds up. Shame.

Yep - North was £395 when the Amex opened in 2010/11.

Makes it an average increase of 3.4% year on year since then.

I can't find reason to complain about that though given the facilities we have, the players and football we have enjoyed and ultimately reaching the Premier League. Tony Bloom has sunk £300m or more into the club - the rest of us have to do our bit too.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I can't find reason to complain about that though given the facilities we have, the players and football we have enjoyed and ultimately reaching the Premier League. Tony Bloom has sunk £300m or more into the club - the rest of us have to do our bit too.

Yeh I know, I think we went cheaper to start and did things like the 10% off food and beer to get people interested then just gradually phased things out. I know it’s business but just think it’s starting to add up a bit.

As for the prem league thing, it doesn’t bother me what league we’re in as I’m aware you are the same and many others. League 1 etc was same sort of prices at Withdean - if anything prem should be cheaper as less games imo... I guess the club have to think about the floaters / plastics who appear when we’re doing wel. If this makes no sense it’s because I’m hungover.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Yeh I agree. My wages have gone up 0% since then. Just a bit of a piss take but cest la vie...

Well RPI as pointed out in the thread is 14%. So a 16% increase really for being a newly promoted championship club, to a prem club. These 15m signings can’t pay for themselves.

If people aren’t happy about price rises then they should not care if we sign no one?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

This.

What are the alternatives - much lower prices meaning TB has to personally bankroll the club even more, or we accept squad of lower quality.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
£1.50 a month on my DD, think I'm ok with that.

Biggest issue is my son goes from U18 to U21 bracket....better get himself a bloody job and start paying for his own ticket.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well RPI as pointed out in the thread is 14%. So a 16% increase really for being a newly promoted championship club, to a prem club. These 15m signings can’t pay for themselves.

If people aren’t happy about price rises then they should not care if we sign no one?!

Where are you getting 16% from? It’s like 20 something % no? Compared to other clubs it’s high and division shouldn’t make much difference in my opinion. As I say, prem is 4 less games which is important. New signings - TV money :shrug: I don’t get that argument as other clubs spend more and charge less. Just think it’s been quite a hike since first year at the Amex but not gonna lose sleep over it!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Have you any idea how much extra revenue will be raised by increasing ticket prices by 4%?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Have you any idea how much extra revenue will be raised by increasing ticket prices by 4%?

Yeah about 400k. That’s 400k less bloom has to put in out of his own pocket.

Glad you’re happy for him to throw in money everywhere.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Apart from the players eh? Who continually take a bigger and bigger wedge of cash. It is about time clubs got together and put pay caps in place and stopped squeezing the fan.

There are wage caps in place, west ham were on their limit.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Not the FFP stuff. With the amount of income premier league clubs make ticket prices should be almost redundant.
Could'nt agree more lots of sucking up on the board here. On the away visit to Huddersfield talked to some season ticket holders. We portray ourselves as a community club, as they do, when they got promoted they changed their prices to reward promotion to the top tier. Very similar club in size, however by benefiting from extra cash by being in top fight they actually pass this onto supporters. They also had the best home support of all the away grounds I have been to this season.
https://www.htafc.com/news/2018/february/201819-season-cards-renewals-open-15-january/

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Could'nt agree more lots of sucking up on the board here. On the away visit to Huddersfield talked to some season ticket holders. We portray ourselves as a community club, as they do, when they got promoted they changed their prices to reward promotion to the top tier. Very similar club in size, however by benefiting from extra cash by being in top fight they actually pass this onto supporters. They also had the best home support of all the away grounds I have been to this season.
https://www.htafc.com/news/2018/february/201819-season-cards-renewals-open-15-january/

So up a massive 25% from this season’s £199 then?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Could'nt agree more lots of sucking up on the board here.

On the broader point, I'm not sucking up to anyone. But Tony Bloom HAS put £300m (or more - I've lost count) into the football club. If HE determines that a 4% rise in ticketing prices is the required rate then I don't see I have much of a position to argue with him. My choices are:

- Pay it.
- Don't pay it.

The interest direct debit scheme means I am able to pay it, for now at least, and I will. The amount of "entertainment" and enjoyment that my Albion season ticket gives me far surpasses anything else I spend my money on, and for that reason represents tremendous value.

However, if and when money is tighter then I'll let my season ticket go. I have no divine right to be able to afford to go to football any more than I do to take Upper Class flights. I'm not going to get all upset because Virgin have set their pricing such that others get to fly in a nicer way than I do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here