Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan dies aged 46

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Growing up my parents listened to the Cranberries a lot. So, like all kids in that situation, I decided they were shit. Over recent years I've realised just how wrong I was and they are a great example of how cracking music is inter-generational. Very sad news.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Really shocking news, so young. Great voice and produced some superb music. I loved some of the Cranberries stuff. RIP and thank you.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Admitted headbutting & spitting on a police officer in 2015 air rage. Many on here would condemn her for such actions (& ban for life if in football stadium). I like her even more

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Nice acoustic set from 2012.

[yt]hxsJvKYyVyg[/yt]

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Admitted headbutting & spitting on a police officer in 2015 air rage. Many on here would condemn her for such actions (& ban for life if in football stadium). I like her even more

She had mental health issues.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Three memories...

Seeing the Cranberries really really early on, in front of about 10 people in a bar at Reading University in 1991 when they just had an EP out. Thought they were great. Dolores was so shy she spent the whole time sideways on because she didn't want to look at anyone.

Travelling round Fiji in 1994, one hostel had about three CDs in the lounge, one of which was the first Cranberries album. It got played about 200 times over the few days I was there. I still can't hear Linger without being transported back there.

And then Zombie-era Cranberries, and a mate who worked in TV telling me that the most arsey and impossible 'celeb' he ever had to deal with was Dolores. Some change from the shy girl she first was!

Nonetheless, what a tragic loss.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Three memories...

Seeing the Cranberries really really early on, in front of about 10 people in a bar at Reading University in 1991 when they just had an EP out. Thought they were great. Dolores was so shy she spent the whole time sideways on because she didn't want to look at anyone.

Travelling round Fiji in 1994, one hostel had about three CDs in the lounge, one of which was the first Cranberries album. It got played about 200 times over the few days I was there. I still can't hear Linger without being transported back there.

And then Zombie-era Cranberries, and a mate who worked in TV telling me that the most arsey and impossible 'celeb' he ever had to deal with was Dolores. Some change from the shy girl she first was!

Maybe not the day fella

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
FFS. That's only half a lifetime....

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Zombie and Linger are two of the greatest songs of the 1990s. In fact Zombie is one of the most powerful anti-war songs ever because it reflects the feelings of the vast majority of people (in this case in Ireland) who want no part in a cycle of violence.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Had a ticket to see her once, The Cranberries pulled out of the gig after she broke her leg in a ski-ing accident a few weeks before.

Loved 'Linger' an iconic pop song!

Last edited:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
On a holiday in Ireland the coach driver showed us her house - quite impressive as well. Very sad, hope it was not suicide that seems to claim a lot of famous musicians.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Three memories...

The reality much different from the perception, as is often the case.

'In fact, years earlier, at the age of 23 and during the height of her band's fame, O'Riordan had an experience that closely resembled a nervous breakdown. "It was really bad, a bit like the film, Jacob's Ladder. I thought people were watching me all the time. Looking back, I went nuts for a while. I didn't want to go out or leave my room and even when I was in the room, I'd see faces looking at me."

Part of this anxiety was born, she thinks, from having "too much too young", but some of it was also cultural. In Ireland, she says, where she had grown up singing in front of audiences in pubs, "people don't look at you singing. They go within themselves and listen. Music is about listening not looking. That's why I wore these huge baggy dresses on stage with The Cranberries," she says.'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here