Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many more points

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Last Season SSN posted:

Do you need 40 points to guarantee Premier League survival? We look at the stats...

There are currently seven teams with 27 points or fewer and each have 11 games to play: Sunderland (19 pts), Hull City (21 pts), Middlesbrough (22 pts), Crystal Palace (25 pts), Swansea, Leicester and Bournemouth (all on 27 pts).

This season we have 15 games to go and we are on 23 points can we get over 27 points an extra 5 points by the 11 games to go mark which will be Home to Swansea?

The 4 games until Swansea as we know are;

Home v Chelsea
Away v Southampton
Home v WHU
Away v Stoke

My ability to predict results is awful as I let my heart rule logic but for what it's worth I think we could get 4 points from these games

And 40 points by the final day but as I said my predictions are pants

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Last Season SSN posted:

Do you need 40 points to guarantee Premier League survival? We look at the stats...

There are currently seven teams with 27 points or fewer and each have 11 games to play: Sunderland (19 pts), Hull City (21 pts), Middlesbrough (22 pts), Crystal Palace (25 pts), Swansea, Leicester and Bournemouth (all on 27 pts).

This season we have 15 games to go and we are on 23 points can we get over 27 points an extra 5 points by the 11 games to go mark which will be Home to Swansea?

The 4 games until Swansea as we know are;

Home v Chelsea
Away v Southampton
Home v WHU
Away v Stoke

My ability to predict results is awful as I let my heart rule logic but for what it's worth I think we could get 4 points from these games

And 40 points by the final day but as I said my predictions are pants

We might get 4 from the next 4 but not a hope in hell we'll get to 40. In saying that I think 35 could be good enough for survival but right now I have us to come up just short of that :(

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Don't compare last season, as what matters are the games where we've got a real chance of taking points, and particularly three points. There aren't too many of those from March onwards. What happens in the next five games is likely to determine our survival. We need a minimum of eight points from them. It's a really tall order.
I think 36 will be enough for survival this season. 37 has been the average required for survival recently, but for several factors this season is likely to be lower.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
35 is the minimum to stay up but I think we'll need 36 or 37 and right now it's a struggle. That said, a win or two on the bounce would send our confidence through the roof again and Chelsea haven't been flawless this season - they've not scored for 3 games...

The big question is whether they're a danger from corners or not!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
WBA winning means we are going to need 39 points.

37GamesE.jpg

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
37 according to your picture (36 if your GD is right) ???

Anyway 35 will be enough!!

Wired up on the last weekend. Table from 37 games as I daren't forecast the last games.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Here you go:

WBA away at Palace = 0 points
BHA away at L'pool = 0 points

Happy to help :cheers:

Not sure we should be placing our survival in the hands of Palace. Could see a last minute forty yard OG sending us down!

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I can't see why headless chicken syndrome has suddenly engulfed the population of Sussex:shrug:
23 games, 23 points....I always thought 38 points would be enough for our first season. 5 points from our next 4 games will keep it all rosy
I'm definitely in the we'll be ok camp

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
1 PPG has been my mantra all season, this is the first time all season we look like we're about to fall behind. 38 will see us up. Not sure we'll get it now.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
The top teams are amassing so many points - that stands to reason lower placed teams will have lower points totals

Both of above compared to the "usual" level - reckon someone will stay up this season on 36 points level - just hope it's us

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Looking at the rest of the seasons games I think we will be lucky to get another 10 points, unless we pull our bloody socks up.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
With the spread this year it'll be a low total required to stay up, my GUESS 35

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
1 PPG has been my mantra all season, this is the first time all season we look like we're about to fall behind. 38 will see us up. Not sure we'll get it now.

I agree, I think 35 will do it but have been saying games played plus 10%, don't think anywhere near the 10% needed now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here