Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley after Solly

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
They can bloody have him if that's the level of intensity he's going to give. The 50-50 he bottled out of first half made me feel sick he doesn't have that desire that Schelotto had and them some.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Today we played the current league champions. Solly had a pretty good game and he was one of our best 3 players today

Just enjoy the ride. If we stay up it will be a wonderful achievement.

If we get relegated, we will have a better squad than the one we had last season when we got promoted.

Just remember the most important thing is that we have a wonderful club to support.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Today we played the current league champions. Solly had a pretty good game and he was one of our best 3 players today

Just enjoy the ride. If we stay up it will be a wonderful achievement.

If we get relegated, we will have a better squad than the one we had last season when we got promoted.

Just remember the most important thing is that we have a wonderful club to support.

You have to be kidding!? Him, Duffy and Suttner need to have a bloody long look at themselves. March needs to step up, that wasn't good enough today.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
You have to be kidding!? Him, Duffy and Suttner need to have a bloody long look at themselves. March needs to step up, that wasn't good enough today.

You're a little bit weird.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

I'll have whatever he's having, I thought March was good today.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Okay, lets see if he starts the next league game. I'll take a slice of pie if he does.

I see you didn’t answer my question. izquierdo, March and Knockaert are rotating all the time. Him starting or not starting proves nothing. For example, March was very good against palace but didn’t start against WBA

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I see you didn’t answer my question. izquierdo, March and Knockaert are rotating all the time. Him starting or not starting proves nothing. For example, March was very good against palace but didn’t start against WBA

March is good. But he is not excellent, and he is not committed enough. It is almost a back handed compliment that I believe he can do better, can want that ball more, can be more decisive with it, can show more desire when he hasn't got it.

What Izquierdo, March and Knockeart rotating DOES prove, is that none of them are giving consistent enough performances so as not to be rotated. There is no way they'd be rotated if one of them was stepping up in games. I'm not talking about quality, I'm talking about pure desire. Solly has ability, but I feel he is finishing games with more to give, he's holding back.

He's got to leave it all out there today, they all have, but I don't think he did.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
They can bloody have him if that's the level of intensity he's going to give. The 50-50 he bottled out of first half made me feel sick he doesn't have that desire that Schelotto had and them some.

Amazing really, because Burnley will DEMAND that he gives 100% in every game he plays, and is prepared to tackle and defend too. They are the core strengths that the club are built on.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
March is good. But he is not excellent, and he is not committed enough. It is almost a back handed compliment that I believe he can do better, can want that ball more, can be more decisive with it, can show more desire when he hasn't got it.

What Izquierdo, March and Knockeart rotating DOES prove, is that none of them are giving consistent enough performances so as not to be rotated. There is no way they'd be rotated if one of them was stepping up in games. I'm not talking about quality, I'm talking about pure desire. Solly has ability, but I feel he is finishing games with more to give, he's holding back.

He's got to leave it all out there today, they all have, but I don't think he did.

Your beef seems to be about him shirking from a tackle. He’s not the most committed player in the tackle, granted. However, he’s a winger and one has already suffered a very serious injury. Can you blame him?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Amazing really, because Burnley will DEMAND that he gives 100% in every game he plays, and is prepared to tackle and defend too. They are the core strengths that the club are built on.

Not that amazing given their interest remains a rumour.

I like Solly March, don't get me wrong, but he frustrated me today because I felt he has more to give. Schelotto probably over performed today, his impact on the game probably in excess of his ability. With Solly I felt the other way, I thought he could have had more impact, wanted it more as I said above.

Criticising a player's performance isn't the same as criticising their ability. I'm not questioning that.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Your beef seems to be about him shirking from a tackle. He’s not the most committed player in the tackle, granted. However, he’s a winger and one has already suffered a very serious injury. Can you blame him?

The tackle was a big thing for me, and he has to get over that if he is to be a PL player. There were other niggly things, not showing in certain situations, not being brave with the ball, not looking for the byeline enough. He's tidy enough and I understand why people would say he had a good game. I honestly want him to have excellent games, he has the talent to do it which makes it frustrating.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Lennon's deal is apparently agreed subject to medical, NKoudou is here for the rest of the season, Brady will hopefully be fit next season, Gudmondsson is still here. I don't know if Solly ever was in Burnley's sights, but I don't think he is now.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
March was much better than he has been (not hard), but he still didn't perform to the level I think he's capable of. His crosses were poor, his shot was hilariously weak and he should have played Schelotto in with a simple pass that would have led to a clear cut opportunity. I agree with Bold - he needs to add more intensity to his game.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
My Chelsea mates got worried every time he got the ball and thought he was class. Seen him
Play better but thought he was good today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My Chelsea mates got worried every time he got the ball and thought he was class. Seen him
Play better but thought he was good today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Chelsea bloke sat in 1901?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here