Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Anyone left on here who still thinks

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
don't agree. When you start pissing with it is smacks of trying Knocky up top last year.

When your scratching about trying to change then the wheels are coming off.

I said at the start of the season , if it gets to a stage where people are calling for 3 at the back then things will be going wrong. I've noticed this along with other suggestions.

CH needs to galvanise everyone and get back to what we were doing well.

New faces will help.

Agree with new faces entirely. not sure there are many here that don't, but realistically, were probably going to be left with the same squad come the end of jan and that's the hand we have been dealt.

I suggested JI up top, with or without Baldock, as a change of tactic. You don't agree, which is fine. I can only assume your happy with the current set up?

Question for you - Is 17 goals enough to warrant the same selection week after week?

No sign of an away goal for nearly 10 hours......does that still warrant the same personnel/tactics??

You happy that the "wheels" are not falling off??

You also scoff at the mention of 3 at the back. What's so wrong in trying something different? Can only assume again, that your happy with the current set up at the back? Not sure were entirely "water tight" there either.

So to summarize - were not looking like scoring and were leaking goals. But don't even remotely think outside the box as that's admitting we've failed and the "Wheels are coming off"

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
We urgently need at least 3 players who will improve our first team or I fear we are going down without a whimper from this point onwards. Hughton clearly doesnt trust what he has to play in any other way than we are currently and I cant see us winning two games for the rest of the season like that.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Someone give me Gabbiadini.Can't see him costing more than 25m and he's proven at the top level.Southampton I'm sure would be interested in selling him.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I think we can stay up with the current squad but Saturday was a bit of a blow it's really down to home form now

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It feels like the end of last season when we couldn't buy a win. If we work as a team we are capable of staying in this league but we have got to get the final ball in quicker and the striker also needs to know that it will come to him quickly too so they can work in sync. Against Brom we looked like individuals, not a team. The worrying thing for me is that the core of the team has been with us for quite a long time and they should really be a well oiled machine and almost telepathic in each others movement by now.

Getting the ball to our strikers is more important than getting a new striker.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Agree with new faces entirely. not sure there are many here that don't, but realistically, were probably going to be left with the same squad come the end of jan and that's the hand we have been dealt.

I suggested JI up top, with or without Baldock, as a change of tactic. You don't agree, which is fine. I can only assume your happy with the current set up?

Question for you - Is 17 goals enough to warrant the same selection week after week?

No sign of an away goal for nearly 10 hours......does that still warrant the same personnel/tactics??

You happy that the "wheels" are not falling off??

You also scoff at the mention of 3 at the back. What's so wrong in trying something different? Can only assume again, that your happy with the current set up at the back? Not sure were entirely "water tight" there either.

So to summarize - were not looking like scoring and were leaking goals. But don't even remotely think outside the box as that's admitting we've failed and the "Wheels are coming off"

I'm not massively disagreeing . I'm backing up what you say about wheels coming off in a roundabout way .

I'm not sure we have the answer in our current squad though so suspect messing about would take time and be futile .

We need to sign quality basically . No idea why this is failing to happen again . It's piss poor again so far

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
If players like Jiri Skalak are still in the 25 come the end of the window then we are in serious trouble.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I am still reckoning there are 3 worse, though they may yet make good signings.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Certainly not optimistic and hopefully one or two quality signings will freshen things up. (Although why so many appear not to want to come to us is a bit of a mystery)

But it IS down to the tactics. Against Everton (h) and Bournemouth (a) we took the lead then started dropping deeper and deeper until eventually we conceded. (probably other games too that I have erased from my memory).

Burnley haven't done so well by parking the bus; they have taken points off the top 6 sides this season and last.

Arsenal appear to be willing to let Walcott go for £20m. He fits the bill. (Unless we don't have £20m to spend in which case we are royally shafted!)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
C

Arsenal appear to be willing to let Walcott go for £20m. He fits the bill. (Unless we don't have £20m to spend in which case we are royally shafted!)

Walcott is currently earning around £100k a week, MORE than our highest earner. Transfer fee? Probably not a problem. Wages. Massive problem

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If buying Walcott for £20m is the answer on 15.01.18 then the only question can be:-

'Do you think omnishambles is the right word to describe the clubs recruitment policy, or would you prefer something stronger?'

That said if he stumbles through the door, falling over the reception desk, at 1 minute to Vincent Janssen o'clock, then I guess beggars can't be choosers.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
We had a good start to the season, the question could be asked. “Did clubs get complacent against us earlier on?” I think teams thought that they just had to turn up and beat us. It seems that we have stood still while other clubs have moved forward ( either by changing manager or by just turning things around).Now we seem to be in a situation where managers know how to play against us, added to the fact we also seem to be running out of steam. I always thought we didn’t have a strong enough squad with PL experience and that is started to show at the business end of the season. I don’t see it improving

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm not massively disagreeing . I'm backing up what you say about wheels coming off in a roundabout way .

I'm not sure we have the answer in our current squad though so suspect messing about would take time and be futile .

We need to sign quality basically . No idea why this is failing to happen again . It's piss poor again so far

This.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
The squad simply isn’t good enough at this level.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

The trouble is the board have a pay structure that is far lower then other clubs. The clubs around us will spend whatever it takes to survive paying ridiculous money for players and for what. To play in a league that has been monopolised by 6/7 clubs who can outbid anyone else for the best players. It’s not going to get any better, clubs in the championship are now spending ridiculous amounts to get in this league. If we don’t survive this season, we will be a forever chasing play off side in the championship as clubs around spend big for the promised land, that in my opinion is about watching your team lose and draw most matches and then get dumped out of cups by lower league sides.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here