Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Anyone left on here who still thinks

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We were really good against Bournemouth. They've just beaten Arsenal. West Brom have been decent enough at home without winning, draws against MU, Everton, Arsenal as well as away to Liverpool. They had a big performance coming, and we had absolutely no right to just think they are the leagues lesser team so we should have at least got a point.

The panic this has spread through fans, I just hope isn't going through the squad, because the 2 previous performances against Palace in the cup, and Bournemouth at home were encouraging, as well as the Watford win.

Sense of perspective needed that we are what we are, it was always going to be a fight to the bitter end.

I've still got faith we'll come out swinging. Of course I hope as everyone does we strengthen in January, but I'm not giving up if we don't, I still got a bit of faith left.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For what he has done for us and with us a top manager. But he is no Guardiola that’s true

Guardiola chooses to work with outfield players who have pace and great engines, able to press the opposition relentlessly from start to finish.

The Albion squad in no way possesses a 2 to 11, who are able to do that.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
We were really good against Bournemouth. They've just beaten Arsenal. West Brom have been decent enough at home without winning, draws against MU, Everton, Arsenal as well as away to Liverpool. They had a big performance coming, and we had absolutely no right to just think they are the leagues lesser team so we should have at least got a point.

The panic this has spread through fans, I just hope isn't going through the squad, because the 2 previous performances against Palace in the cup, and Bournemouth at home were encouraging, as well as the Watford win.

Sense of perspective needed that we are what we are, it was always going to be a fight to the bitter end.

I've still got faith we'll come out swinging. Of course I hope as everyone does we strengthen in January, but I'm not giving up if we don't, I still got a bit of faith left.

i think there's an amount of faith in the players, its just the style they seem to play that worries people....................

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Guardiola chooses to work with outfield players who have pace and great engines, able to press the opposition relentlessly from start to finish.

The Albion squad in no way possesses a 2 to 11, who are able to do that.

Very true. Hughton can only work with what the club is willing to fund

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
i think there's an amount of faith in the players, its just the style they seem to play that worries people....................

The opposite for me. It's the playing quality that worries me. We lack top flight quality strikers, RB, RW and a creative CM with pace to burst forward and support the strikers.

In short, our squad gives little to worry the opposition when we attack and counter.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I'm not necessarily one of those people that thinks it is down to our style. Our style isn't why we've been conceding at set pieces to be honest. I'd be worried if our style wasn't leading to the creation of chances, however Burnley and Bournemouth, it was the conversion of chances, not the creation of them that cost us.

I think we have proved to be so good tactically in open play that teams are setting up to win set pieces against us, and at this level any weakness is magnified and we're currently under the microscope. By feeling confident in winning set pieces to score, sides are then able to better deal with our main threat - the wings.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
The opposite for me. It's the playing quality that worries me. We lack top flight quality strikers, RB, RW and a creative CM with pace to burst forward and support the strikers.

In short, our squad gives little to worry the opposition when we attack and counter.

yh I agree,

I said an amount of faith in the players, not total faith.

Yes we lack quality, but id like to see these players reins taken of them a little and be allowed to express themselves more. I'm not for one minute saying all out attack but we need to stop being so afraid of every team we play, ESPECIALLY at home.

Who knows what might come of playing more attacking football, maybe nothing, but it would be nice to see if it would make a difference. One dimensional football sucks imo

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Christ on a Bike. Are we turning into Narwich supporter clones? Fortunately The Lizard is much less likely than the Narwich board were to chase CH out of town at the first sign of supporter panic.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I'm not necessarily one of those people that thinks it is down to our style. Our style isn't why we've been conceding at set pieces to be honest. I'd be worried if our style wasn't leading to the creation of chances, however Burnley and Bournemouth, it was the conversion of chances, not the creation of them that cost us.

I think we have proved to be so good tactically in open play that teams are setting up to win set pieces against us, and at this level any weakness is magnified and we're currently under the microscope. By feeling confident in winning set pieces to score, sides are then able to better deal with our main threat - the wings.

The reason we conceded from two corners this weekend was because individuals decided not to stay with their men. You get coached this from a very young age and that cannot be attributed to the coaching staff.

We have been the creators of many of the set pieces against us this year by constantly giving away needless FK's in and around our defensive 3rd. that's not them winnings fk's that us making poor choices.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Christ on a Bike. Are we turning into Narwich supporter clones? Fortunately The Lizard is much less likely than the Narwich board were to chase CH out of town at the first sign of supporter panic.

where did I say anything about chasing anyone out of town? perhaps in your world 2 + 2 = 5........no panic here fella.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The reason we conceded from two corners this weekend was because individuals decided not to stay with their men. You get coached this from a very young age and that cannot be attributed to the coaching staff.

We have been the creators of many of the set pieces against us this year by constantly giving away needless FK's in and around our defensive 3rd. that's not them winnings fk's that us making poor choices.

Exactly my point, suggesting that we are losing because of Hughton’s tactics is ludicrous. We are losing because we have forgotten how to defend set pieces. All the defeats and draws that came from this sudden hair brained defending means we have slipped down the table. We are a very dull team away from home but if the defenders had defended properly we would have left with at least a point from quite a few games, Saturday included.

Hughton COULD make us more adventurous but until he gets a pacy striker it would be a bit suicidal imo.

The problem is the lack of concentration from our defenders not the manager imo

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
We definitely have the players to keep us up. It's how they are being used that is the problem

So short, but right on the money, we're not short of talent as some would have. We will survive by mental strength, of our manager to change and our players belief in themselves.

No change in approach, will result in no change in our results.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
So short, but right on the money, we're not short of talent as some would have. We will survive by mental strength, of our manager to change and our players belief in themselves.

No change in approach, will result in no change in our results.

couldn't agree more. onwards and upwards

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
where did I say anything about chasing anyone out of town? perhaps in your world 2 + 2 = 5........no panic here fella.

Apologies.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I do.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I didn't say that we would stay up by not buying, I just said that I didn't expect us to buy, there is a difference.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As it stands, right now, only way the Albion will stay up is exactly the same way the Albion stayed in the Championship when CH joined.

So hopefully, once again, they'll be enough team worse than us and CH would have proved for a second time he needs better to be competitive.

The main stumbling block to all of that is, this season the team must harvest points from those relegation candidates, like WBA...

...oh.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The trouble for our hearts is that we all know a season’s results never goes to plan. It’ll be lose to WBA, win against Chelsea, lose to Southampton and West Ham, win against Swansea. Something none of us can predict - hence the low scores in the predictions thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here