Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] So you're Albion manager for the Chelsea match, what do you do?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I would get them to watch a recording of their game v leicester at the weekend , leicester gave them absolutely no time on the ball including the goalkeeper , they pressed chelsea really high on the pitch and they simply couldn't cope with the pressing , it was a brilliant bit of managerial braveness that almost paid off with the 3 points which were very much deserved , the park the bus routine hasn't worked for us at all really so why not have a good go , if we get beat , so what , nobody gives us a prayer .

Can we press like Leicester with our midfield snails. I think maybe Iquierdo and Baldock might be able to. Knockert will just end up getting into a hissy.

I would adopt a 3-5-2 formation.

Ryan in Goal

Dunk, Duffy and Goldson as the 3 centre backs.

Bruno and Sutner as wingbacks, with Stephens, Kayal and Gross in the Centre

I would play Murray and Baldock in a front 2

We would have plenty of defensive cover when needed, and be far more potent going forward.

Having three tall center backs, we will be less venerable from set pieces.

Bruno and Sutner will both be playing on their natural sides, and both capable of putting in a decent cross from either side for Murray, and with Gross and Kayal playing as attacking midfield players, both of which are capable of playing that killer ball in behind defences for Baldock to run onto.

It's a no brainer. Can't see why CH hasn't thought of it before?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
We need to ensure we keep an eye on goal differance so I would stick with 4-4-1-1 but would not be adverse to seeing Gross benched with Propper moved forward and Kayal teamed back with Stephens apart from that same starting 11 as Saturday

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Can we press like Leicester with our midfield snails. I think maybe Iquierdo and Baldock might be able to. Knockert will just end up getting into a hissy.

I don’t know , I don’t think anybody does until we try it , alls I do know is if we afford Chelsea and the like the time and space to play , we will get mullered , and I’d much rather see us at least having a go than that attack v defence dross .

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I don’t know , I don’t think anybody does until we try it , alls I do know is if we afford Chelsea and the like the time and space to play , we will get mullered , and I’d much rather see us at least having a go than that attack v defence dross .

I do agree. I’ve been bored stiff with some of our ‘keep it tight’ games this season. If it was working I wouldn’t mind.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Ryan: Bruno,Dunk, Duffy, Suttner: Kayal, Gross, Stephens, Izquierdo: Murray, Baldock. Play normal game. If losing after 70 mins replace Murray with Schelotto and Kayal with Knockaert. Tell Dunk and Duffy to play Route 1 to Schelotto, Izzy and Knocky to cross, S. to cause havoc!
I just have a slight inkling that Schelotto at centre forward might work! He can head the ball and he is utterly, totally unpredictable.
I'd love to see Chris try that, but I know he won't. It'll be same old same old and hope. Which is fine, for one season only. Next season, PL or Championship, I want to see us ATTACK.

Awesome. You've got the job. Utter insanity, but what's not to like :)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here