Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] So you're Albion manager for the Chelsea match, what do you do?

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Chelsea have drawn their last 4, not scored in 3.

They are almost certain to finish top 4. so their season now consists of cups.

They are there for the taking, attack!

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I'd play our youth players and then bring on Gross, Dunk and Jose with 20 minute to go. Chelsea wont know what hit them after being in cruise mode for the opening 70 minutes. They'll be completely confused by the sudden change in our teams quality. We'll take them by surprise and win the game 2-0. Dunk and Gross getting the goals.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I would ignore all the screaming for wholesale changes, leaving people upfield at corners and all out attacking and ensure we are defensively sound, difficult to break down and plan making substitutions at around the 75 minute mark.

In other words follow the CH blueprint

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Given that we would have expected to get at least a point at West Brom, we clearly now can't treat the Chelsea game as a free hit.
I'd say we push harder from the start, encourage the midfield to support the front man/men more and have a crack at them.
Three things I'd emphasize if I was manager:
1 Movement - make some runs, try to give our midfield and wingers more options. So Sammy Baldock would definitely get a game
2 Shoot - for goodness sake have a go if you get a glimpse of goal. But keep your head over the ball - we seem to be clearing the bar far too often this season
3 Knocky/Jose/Solly - be bold but be aware. Yes, take players on and use your pace but if you can't go for goal yourself get that final ball more precise

If just one of the above happens more effectively on Saturday we might just get what we're looking for.
If not, well at least we had a go.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Push it back to 3 o'clock so I could play golf and not have to rush to get to the ground.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
b1a812c865073b589d8acc11292eaccf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Check my bank balance, have a glass of champagne with my lovely wife, and then phone everyone I know and tell them 'You are not going to believe this, but Brighton are playing Chelsea on Saturday and I'm the f***ing manager! ' Then I would get to work and whack on Fifa18 to decide my tactics.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I like how seriously you've taken this BG, I like it a lot. I'm beginning to think; you could actually do a job.

We wont play 4-4-2 though, will we?!?

I'd love to see it too, but I'd be amazed if we reverted to a formation that helped us win so many games previously...

It looked a lot like 4-4-2 when Baldock came on, on Saturday and at Palace.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
————————- Ryan ———————-
Bruno —— Dunk ——- Duffy ——- Suttner
Knockeart — Stephens — Kayal —- March
—————- Murray —— Baldock ———-

Revert to what bought us success last year, Kayal back in, revert to a 442 and get the pace and movement back in the side by playing Baldock up top.

We expect nothing from Chelsea so why not give it a go.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
————————- Ryan ———————-
Bruno —— Dunk ——- Duffy ——- Suttner
Knockeart — Stephens — Kayal —- March
—————- Murray —— Baldock ———-

Revert to what bought us success last year, Kayal back in, revert to a 442 and get the pace and movement back in the side by playing Baldock up top.

We expect nothing from Chelsea so why not give it a go.

This is the problem Hughton has the same mindset, beaten before we start. :(

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
We know what he is going to do. Sit back deep and watch them play. And we will lose.....Of course the way to play them is to have a go. They are not in form and not scoring goals. Until Saturday when we just sit back and admire them. And Hughton tells everyone what a class act and wonderful side they are. Before we play them.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Give Izquierdo ago up front in the middle,,at least he's got pace,an eye for goal and is not afraid of shooting

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
-----------------------------Ryan------------------------------

---------------Goldson---Dunk---Duffy--------------------

--Izquierdo---Kayal---Stephens---Gross---Suttner--

-----------------------------Baldock---------------------------

-----------------------------Hemed----------------------------

Stephens sits in the midfield 3 while Kayal and Gross get forward more.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
what about going back to the pre 66 world cup formation.

Ryan
Schelotto..............................................Bong
Stephens........Duffy............Dunk
March.....Gross.....Murray.......Baldock.......Iziquierdo​

Worth a try as everything else is not working

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I would get them to watch a recording of their game v leicester at the weekend , leicester gave them absolutely no time on the ball including the goalkeeper , they pressed chelsea really high on the pitch and they simply couldn't cope with the pressing , it was a brilliant bit of managerial braveness that almost paid off with the 3 points which were very much deserved , the park the bus routine hasn't worked for us at all really so why not have a good go , if we get beat , so what , nobody gives us a prayer .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here