Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] So you're Albion manager for the Chelsea match, what do you do?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I'd boil the kettle and read some tea leaves, drink the tea and then pick the team based purely on my instincts and let the will of the Gods dictate the rest.

Right now I'd drop nearly all of the failures from WBA and do something utterly unexpected and crazy, thus:

Krul
Rosenior
Goldson
Dunk
Schelotto
Propper
Kayal
Skalak
Lua Lua
Baldock
Hemed.

Tilley would be on the bench to.

Yep, that's reet... utterly ****ing crazy.

Message to the players - attack, attack and attack.

wha ha hahahah hahhe heh hahhha hhahh etc.

2-0 in the bag. Or my cosmic teacup goes in the bin.

You're nuts :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just have a go.

Can we have a go ?

Hughton seems perfectly happy to park the bus for 90 against the top 6, lose 2-0 from set pieces and then heap praise on the quality of the opposition.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Ryan

Schletto Uwe Dunk Suttner

March Kayal Stephens Jose

Baldock Hemed

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
My worry is at the moment march looks nervous, knocky looks stressed and jose hasnt lived up to hus price tag

So i would play 3 centre halves with suttner and schelotto wide. 3 in midfield (propper, kayal and gross) with murray and baldock up front

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Ryan: Bruno,Dunk, Duffy, Suttner: Kayal, Gross, Stephens, Izquierdo: Murray, Baldock. Play normal game. If losing after 70 mins replace Murray with Schelotto and Kayal with Knockaert. Tell Dunk and Duffy to play Route 1 to Schelotto, Izzy and Knocky to cross, S. to cause havoc!
I just have a slight inkling that Schelotto at centre forward might work! He can head the ball and he is utterly, totally unpredictable.
I'd love to see Chris try that, but I know he won't. It'll be same old same old and hope. Which is fine, for one season only. Next season, PL or Championship, I want to see us ATTACK.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What do you do? You give it a go. Chelsea, like Liverpool and Arsenal, have a soft underbelly if you put them on the back foot. They've been turned over by Burnley, Palace and West Ham this season. If we don't give it a go, it'll be another 2-0 reversal.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Ryan: Bruno,Dunk, Duffy, Suttner: Kayal, Gross, Stephens, Izquierdo: Murray, Baldock. Play normal game. If losing after 70 mins replace Murray with Schelotto and Kayal with Knockaert. Tell Dunk and Duffy to play Route 1 to Schelotto, Izzy and Knocky to cross, S. to cause havoc!
I just have a slight inkling that Schelotto at centre forward might work! He can head the ball and he is utterly, totally unpredictable.
I'd love to see Chris try that, but I know he won't. It'll be same old same old and hope. Which is fine, for one season only. Next season, PL or Championship, I want to see us ATTACK.

Not knowing where your first touch is going to go doesn't make you unpredictable...

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
What do you do? You give it a go. Chelsea, like Liverpool and Arsenal, have a soft underbelly if you put them on the back foot. They've been turned over by Burnley, Palace and West Ham this season. If we don't give it a go, it'll be another 2-0 reversal.

I'm with Tom here.

We have shown the "big clubs" way too much respect.

It all started against Man City when their back 3/4 spent almost the entirety of the game on the halfway line and, as usual, we parked the bus. The quality sides will always find a way to score and then what happens when you have no plan B?

Let's go out, defend high and hassle the hell out of them. If we sit back and let them play there is only going to be one result. Let's be competitive and give it a real go. At least then we have the satisfaction of knowing that we tried to beat them....even if we don't.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Play 3-5-2
Krul
Goldson Dunk Huenermaier
Schellotto Kayal Propper Gross/Stephens Suttner
Baldock Izquierdo

So, no tall target man [but Murray hasn't been bad] as it seems to limit our creativity [?!]. We still have height for attacking corners [Stephens, Dunk, Goldson, Uwe, Propper, Schellotto]. March to sub Izquierdo if it's not working. Simples!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Hopefully I get to play my new record signing, centre forward.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I would print a list of players names, tell them the formation I want to play them in and leave it at that, doddle.

I would like us to try
Plan A 3, 4,1, 2
Krul (Ryan's height has been found out)
Goldson Dunk Uwe
Schelotto Kayal Stephens Bong
Propper
Baldock Murray

Plan B (crazy) after 70 minutes 3, 1, 3, 3,
Krul
Goldson Dunk Uwe
Stephens
Schelotto Propper knockaert
Gross Murray Izquierdo

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We can only play on one wing at a time, so we only need one winger at the start.

I would play the quicker players (vs Chelsea); Kayal for Knockaert, Baldock for Murray, and Hünemeier on the bench as well as Goldson.

I might even have Hünemeier starting in a five man defence. And I don't like five men defence but with playing Baldock up front means he cannot help out in defence.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
I'd boil the kettle and read some tea leaves, drink the tea and then pick the team based purely on my instincts and let the will of the Gods dictate the rest.

Right now I'd drop nearly all of the failures from WBA and do something utterly unexpected and crazy, thus:

Krul
Rosenior
Goldson
Dunk
Schelotto
Propper
Kayal
Skalak
Lua Lua
Baldock
Hemed.

Tilley would be on the bench to.

Yep, that's reet... utterly ****ing crazy.

Message to the players - attack, attack and attack.

wha ha hahahah hahhe heh hahhha hhahh etc.

2-0 in the bag. Or my cosmic teacup goes in the bin.

Put [MENTION=459]Bwian[/MENTION] in charge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here