Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] So you're Albion manager for the Chelsea match, what do you do?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I'd boil the kettle and read some tea leaves, drink the tea and then pick the team based purely on my instincts and let the will of the Gods dictate the rest.

Right now I'd drop nearly all of the failures from WBA and do something utterly unexpected and crazy, thus:

Krul
Rosenior
Goldson
Dunk
Schelotto
Propper
Kayal
Skalak
Lua Lua
Baldock
Hemed.

Tilley would be on the bench to.

Yep, that's reet... utterly ****ing crazy.

Message to the players - attack, attack and attack.

wha ha hahahah hahhe heh hahhha hhahh etc.

2-0 in the bag. Or my cosmic teacup goes in the bin.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
CH won’t change. The players might though.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'd boil the kettle and read some tea leaves, drink the tea and then pick the team based purely on my instincts and let the will of the Gods dictate the rest.

Right now I'd drop nearly all of the failures from WBA and do something utterly unexpected and crazy, thus:

Krul
Rosenior
Goldson
Dunk
Schelotto
Propper
Kayal
Skalak
Lua Lua
Baldock
Hemed.

Tilley would be on the bench to.

Yep, that's reet... utterly ****ing crazy.

Message to the players - attack, attack and attack.

wha ha hahahah hahhe heh hahhha hhahh etc.

2-0 in the bag. Or my cosmic teacup goes in the bin.

You forgot the magic mushrooms...or maybe you’ve had those already :moo:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would drop Dunk or Duffy and bring in Goldson and then when we defend one of the 12 or so corners leave Izquierdo wide left on the half way line and Knockaert wide right on the halfway line. both just in our half. Finally play 4-4-2 with Murray and Baldock up front to start with and hope to grab the 1st goal. We are expected to lose so anything else is a bonus.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Have you thought about your prematch chat with Conte?

I'd ask him about his childhood in Lecce, and it's fascinating history. Just as he pulled away to head to the bench, I'd whisper in his ear... Veni, vidi, vici.

For those about to die...

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I would drop Dunk or Duffy and bring in Goldson and then when we defend one of the 12 or so corners leave Izquierdo wide left on the half way line and Knockaert wide right on the halfway line. both just in our half. Finally play 4-4-2 with Murray and Baldock up front to start with and hope to grab the 1st goal. We are expected to lose so anything else is a bonus.

I like how seriously you've taken this BG, I like it a lot. I'm beginning to think; you could actually do a job.

We wont play 4-4-2 though, will we?!?

I'd love to see it too, but I'd be amazed if we reverted to a formation that helped us win so many games previously...

Hang on :/

Last edited:

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I'd go into the Recruitment Department and tell them to stop analysing data and proof reading Paul Barber's 'Guide to Transfer Deals' emails and tell them to give me some bloody firepower.

I'd then nip back to the changing room and tell the players that they haven't worked all their sodding careers off to get to the PL only to 'Middlesborough' their way down

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I'd go into the Recruitment Department and tell them to stop analysing data and proof reading Paul Barber's 'Guide to Transfer Deals' emails and tell them to give me some bloody firepower.

I'd then nip back to the changing room and tell the players that they haven't worked all their sodding careers off to get to the PL only to 'Middlesborough' their way down

I was going to mention, that prior to my kettle boiling God channeling cuppa, I popped into the recruitment team office. I was greeted by a rather greasy looking man in a suit who assured me he was heading up our recruitment drive and that we were indeed 'on it' to the point of 'smashing it.' I asked to see the latest clutch of names, and was delighted to see we were using the latest Football Manager 2007 database. I had no idea Ronaldinho was only 25 - obviously he was not on our radar BUT the list of names was encouraging. I should elaborate on encouraging, by saying that no other clubs were sniffing around our top targets and by 9:00 pm at the end of Jan a young Rob Hulse could be ours.... shhhhhhhhh now, we wouldn't want to get gazumped now would we.

I then returned to my office, and ate an apple someone had placed temptingly on the right side of my faux magohny desk. Hmmmmm juicy. I then fell into a deep slumber, only to awake and find I was at the roots of the mountains of madness.

Madness.

MADNESS.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The players follow his instructions, so they won't change.

I meant they might think, ****k it, let’s have a go. CH wont think that though. He has his plan.
To be fair though I know we are more attacking at home.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
The players follow his instructions, so they won't change.

So what we're all expecting is a play the percentages, keep it tight, maybe snatch one on our only break display of utter dreariness... wow...

Living the dream.

I'm not sure I like being PL ready.

:(

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Ryan

Schelleto
Dunk
Goldson
Suttner

Knockeart
Stephens
Kayal
Izzy

Baldock
Murray

Duffy has been getting steadily worse since Ireland went out the WC.
Propper is unlucky but we just need Kayal IMO, a player who looks to go forward and also compliments Stephens.
Gross goes because we need pace, end of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here