Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Five wins from the next 10 games.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Agreed, it was the OP's 'five from ten' that I think is nonsense. Four wins gives us 35 and we will inevitably pick up draws. Even a couple would get us to 37 which could well be enough. So chances are we don't need to win five games at all and we certainly don't have to win five of the next ten.

What we really need to do is pull off a surprise win somewhere along the line. Most other teams have done it and those bonus points would be invaluable. Winning four of the games we must be prioritising - Southampton, West Ham, Stoke, Swansea, Leicester and Huddersfield - is going to be almost impossible. We will not stay up by taking points in these games alone in my opinion. So we have to grab a surprise result or two from the other games as it would drastically alter the picture and make the target from the 'winnable six' more realistic.

Your second paragraph is my concern though. We look the least likely team in the division to get a surprise result from the top 6. Hughton appears to have shaken on a 2-0 loss in most cases. We don’t play like Bournemouth or Huddersfield do when up against those sides.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Realistically, 5 more wins this season could easily be beyond us if we do not strengthen in the next week or so.

I can see us maybe winning 3 more games, and drawing similar, which would give us 35 / 36 points....that wont be enough!

As dodgy as things are for us, there are 3-4 other toilet teams (admittedly we lost to one this weekend) that are giving me hope

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What's the run-in got to do with anything? I said we need four (not five) more wins all season, it doesn't matter whether they come in the next four games or the last four.

It's got a lot to do with it. The final games are against mega spending clubs, who always beat us.

Hence the urgency to get those 5 wins in the next handful of games.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
The club has two and a half weeks to get some fire power and creativity otherwise it’s difficult to see Albion getting more than 9 or 10 points from the remaining games. That will not be enough to survive.

We can start by starting with Kayal, at the expense of either Stephens or Propper. More firepower requires more service which is totally lacking at the moment.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I think people need to take a serious look at the table there are 4 teams below us and the 5 immediately above us are at most 2 points ahead.

Our form has dipped but is no worse than most of the teams around us i.e. we might find it difficult to get wins but so are they finding it equally difficult.

KEEP THE FAITH... and stop dissing the chairman, the board, the manager and the team that has given us premier league football.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Realistically, 5 more wins this season could easily be beyond us if we do not strengthen in the next week or so.

I can see us maybe winning 3 more games, and drawing similar, which would give us 35 / 36 points....that wont be enough!

On reflection, I think it's going to be a fairly low total that keeps teams up this season given how many teams are scrapping around in the lower half of the table. I'd put money on 36 points being sufficient...

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Really couldn't say what is going to happen, but being Brighton we will probably be ok till the last game and then stuff it up on goal difference !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here