Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Five wins from the next 10 games.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have said and thought that we will beat one of the big 6 so lets hope for Chelsea next week that would set us up for the run in and to get the points required.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Needed to be Swift off the mark in the January window. Too late to Tern it round now. Needed that new Shriker from the 1st January.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
We will be relying on 3 teams to be shitter than us for survival.

When we play Swansea and Stoke, we really have to turn up and play and not this shit we were subjected to on the weekend.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Assuming we will lose against Chelsea, Arsenal, United and Spurs at home, we need to win 3 from games v Swansea, West Ham, Huddersfield and Leicester. That would give us 9 points.

Away, our best hopes to pick up points look to be at Southampton, Stoke and Burnley. We must win two of those. I think Palace will beat us at Selhust and it’s very difficult to see us getting anything at Everton, Cit-ah & Liverpool.

So 3 wins at home and two away. Hmm.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Four more wins all season will be enough so there is no way we need to win five of the next ten.

Have you seen our run in? We're unlikely to realistically win more than 1/2 of the final 10, on current form.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Assuming we will lose against Chelsea, Arsenal, United and Spurs at home, we need to win 3 from games v Swansea, West Ham, Huddersfield and Leicester. That would give us 9 points.

Away, our best hopes to pick up points look to be at Southampton, Stoke and Burnley. We must win two of those. I think Palace will beat us at Selhust and it’s very difficult to see us getting anything at Everton, Cit-ah & Liverpool.

So 3 wins at home and two away. Hmm.

Can't see us beating Leicester or Hudds. Both play in a way we can't deal with. Both beat us very comfortably already this season.

When you look at how the fixtures sit, unless we pick up wins against the likes of Stoke, Soton, Swansea and a resurgent West Ham, we might very well be ****ed.

And that's not bedwetting, I'll cope fine if we go down, just being realistic about our form and those of the teams left to play.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Southampton stoke and Swansea maxiam points coz it's downhill fast after that..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Stoke will be a re-run of West Brom only worse.

Definite Zero-Pointer, so we need to look elsewhere on the fixture list for a win.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Can't see us beating Leicester or Hudds. Both play in a way we can't deal with. Both beat us very comfortably already this season.

When you look at how the fixtures sit, unless we pick up wins against the likes of Stoke, Soton, Swansea and a resurgent West Ham, we might very well be ****ed.

And that's not bedwetting, I'll cope fine if we go down, just being realistic about our form and those of the teams left to play.

Agree with a lot of what you say and as it stands, it’s very difficult to see where the resquisite number of points are going to come from. Nevertheless, if we are going to stay up those are the games which represent our best opportunities. But football can be unpredictable - that’s why we all love it. Two or three good signings, an unexpected victory and who knows what might happen. To a large extent, it’s down now to Tony Bloom.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What's the run-in got to do with anything? I said we need four (not five) more wins all season, it doesn't matter whether they come in the next four games or the last four.

Eh? How can you not see the direct correlation between the two? There are 15 games left. We are unlikely to win more than 1 or 2 of the final 10. Therefore..........

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I said the reason we do not need to win five out of ten is because we only need to win four in total. How can you not understand that? Why even mention the run-in? It's four from 15 whatever way you slice it up. Not five from ten or any other combination of numbers.

And for what it's worth, our run-in does look hard but you don't know what shape teams will be in either physically or mentally by that stage. Right now we wouldn't have a hope in hell of winning at Burnley, but in April when their players are already 'on the beach'....

Fair points. To be honest though, we're both totally guessing with 4 or 5 wins. 5 gets us to 38 points. Probably enough but maybe not. All I'm saying is I believe that we need those wins sooner rather than later, due to our remaining fixtures - I agree that 5 from 10 is slightly arbitrary, and it wasn't a figure I came up with or subscribe to.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here