Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "You're black and you stink" Rodriquez comment to Bong? - FA say not proven

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Is it just me or are we hearing loads about Rodriguez, how he's coping, what he's doing, how the club are sticking by him etc. etc. but naff all anywhere about the actual (alleged) victim of it?

Why do we have to hear what Pardew thinks about it when his man is the one who's been charged?

This was my point earlier in the thread. Even after the FA CHARGED JR, SSN have painted JR as a victim, quoting Pardew saying things like. ‘JR is having a tough time obviously, and hopefully he can get back to concentrating on playing football” “it might mean more than just missing a few games, the incident may impact on his career” “we are behind him 100%”

**** Pardew, **** WBA and **** Rodriguez, why doesn’t anyone care how Bong feels?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Is it just me or are we hearing loads about Rodriguez, how he's coping, what he's doing, how the club are sticking by him etc. etc. but naff all anywhere about the actual (alleged) victim of it?

Why do we have to hear what Pardew thinks about it when his man is the one who's been charged?

I agree, especially when Bong is basically being accused of being a liar.

D

Deleted member 2719

I can't believe this thread is still going, 700 odd posts on stuff that would have been sorted out playground style once upon a time.
punish:

What a sad soft world we now live in.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I can't believe this thread is still going, 700 odd posts on stuff that would have been sorted out playground style once upon a time.
punish:

Time you changed your boots....

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
punish:

Yeah, all this PC bullshit where you can't be racist any more. Must really grate, for lots of people.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I still think that he's guilty, and he knows he's guilty, but WBA are stringing this out as long as possible to avoid a ban while they're battling relegation.

And the evidence that leads you to this conclusion is ?

D

Deleted member 2719

Yeah, all this PC bullshit where you can't be racist any more. Must really grate, for lots of people.

You know what I mean people are too sensitive nowadays, they get worked up about anything and everything.
They need to chill and get on with it, they will get far more respect, no one ever used by bothered by the Englishmen, Irishmen, and Scotsman jokes.
:shrug:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

No not just you was thinking the same as soon as I read the update on the bbc website.

Has to be said that Bong is knuckling down and getting on with the job and performing well

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You know what I mean people are too sensitive nowadays, they get worked up about anything and everything.
They need to chill and get on with it, they will get far more respect, no one ever used by bothered by the Englishmen, Irishmen, and Scotsman jokes.
:shrug:

So what are you suggesting Bong should have done when he heard racist comments made about him?

D

Deleted member 2719

So what are you suggesting Bong should have done when he heard racist comments made about him?

Suck it up.

Kiss him down the tunnel.

Lots of options, I like Bong, but all this tell tell stuff just winds everyone up, I mean 700+ posts on it, need I say more???

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Suck it up.

Kiss him down the tunnel.

Lots of options, I like Bong, but all this tell tell stuff just winds everyone up, I mean 700+ posts on it, need I say more???

I would have to disagree with the implication that 'sucking it up' is the 'hard' option and reporting it is the soft option.

Seems to me that it is the other way round. The easy option would be to ignore it. While what Bong has done takes courage and conviction and will hopefully improve things for others in the future. In this day and age racism should be unacceptable and in my opinion should be called out when experienced rather than ignored.

D

Deleted member 2719

I would have to disagree with the implication that 'sucking it up' is the 'hard' option and reporting it is the soft option.

Seems to me that it is the other way round. The easy option would be to ignore it. While what Bong has done takes courage and conviction and will hopefully improve things for others in the future. In this day and age racism should be unacceptable and in my opinion should be called out when experienced rather than ignored.

Ok fair enough, I just remember being called all sorts of things when I was playing football, when I was a 15 year old playing in a mens team, I would bite back and lose my temper which would affect my game.Then as i grew up I would use any abuse to motivate, just like Murray does and that would benefit me and the team and not bring others into it, so who would be the winner? The abuser would always be the loser.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, sort of agree with that. Being offended on behalf of someone else and all that.

I think you'll find that 'No one' effectively means 'The English'; the Irishman, the Welshman and the Scotsman often did get bothered!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I remember reading that Bong has said that he asked Rodriguez to repeat what he had said and he did.

Basically he gave the fella the chance to back out of it whilst also confirming what he had heard.

If this is true, surely the lip reader is pretty irrelevant.
Can anyone confirm whether Bong did ask JR to repeat himself?

D

Deleted member 2719

Yes, sort of agree with that. Being offended on behalf of someone else and all that.

I think you'll find that 'No one' effectively means 'The English'; the Irishman, the Welshman and the Scotsman often did get bothered!

Man up............man.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here