Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "You're black and you stink" Rodriquez comment to Bong? - FA say not proven

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
this will drag on and on and on and on and on ......i doubt it will be resolved before the end of this season ....or next ...
Well he has until 9th March to give his defense. Do you know what the nest stage is after that?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You can't ban someone before they have been found guilty.

You could if it became statutory that a player cannot play while awaiting the outcome of an FA Charge and it was written into the rules and that if proven that period counts towards the final punishment. As has been said unlike a court of law the FA agree your guilt by charging the player and then allow them the opportunity to dispute it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I would say what is more worrying is being concerned and worried they are not falling into line with the modern culture regarding reactions to allegations on certain issues (which is increasingly at odds with our current legal systems principles and with the power of social media is in danger of totally re-writing those).

Not a comment on this case but it’s something that I think we are sleepwalking into.

I would argue they should be more neutral, and not fall onto either side of the debate.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You could if it became statutory that a player cannot play while awaiting the outcome of an FA Charge and it was written into the rules and that if proven that period counts towards the final punishment. As has been said unlike a court of law the FA agree your guilt by charging the player and then allow them the opportunity to dispute it.

Never going to happen though

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016

Imagine where that would lead BG? Players could just start accusing opposition players of stuff to rule them out of games unless they can quickly prove themselves innocent.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
FatSuperman;8 wished.339742 said:
Imagine where that would lead BG? Players could just start accusing opposition players of stuff to rule them out of games unless they can quickly prove themselves innocent.

I accept it would bring problems but it is not as Richbaggie suggests The only winners out of this is as usual the barristers.

NEASTGULL

Sep 30, 2006
Gateshead
Maybe the FA should had added a clause, when agreeing to the extension, that any points won with Rodriguez in the side (during the extension period) would be deducted if he is found guilty!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I wonder who the players involved were? Mclean? Or maybe jrod himself? Cant wait for the pardew 'x is a good lad' endorsement that will surely follow.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
If Rodriguez is involved in this incident with the taxi then I will be most amused.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If Rodriguez is involved in this incident with the taxi then I will be most amused.

He was too busy down the beach abusing men selling sunglasses, allegedly

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
This is for general slander/libel. Do you know if this has been tested when the alleged slander/libel was an accusation of racism (or similar)?

Because if that was the case in court, people could go around using racist abuse, and the victims wouldn't even be able to complain unless they had proof.

There are certainly crimes that have at their heart racism. For a crime to be pursued, the alleged victim would make a complaint to the Police and they/CPS would gather evidence and decide whether to prosecute. Whatever charge may be brought in those circumstances, it would not be libel or slander though.

As an aside, afaik, there is no Police involvement in the Bong case.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here