Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "You're black and you stink" Rodriquez comment to Bong? - FA say not proven

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Blimey. Just seen that on Twitter. I really didn't think we'd hear anything more from that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Has until 16th Feb to appeal.

John Terry got a 4 match ban, but they introduced a 5 match minimum for racist abuse afterwards. So, probably 5 matches then.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Took their time about it.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Just out of interest. If a player is banned for 5 matches where does he have to sit. Can he 'coach' from the bench thus giving the team a 'do it for me' boost?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's a serious charge, I'm glad they've not rushed the decision.

I think that they could have found a case to answer within a week, 3 weeks is ridiculous though.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Seems they have come to a decision quicker than that between the Everton and Liverpool players a week or so earlier. If he’s said it deserves the ban and more

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
So if I'm right this means the FA believe him to be guilty but he can respond? We had that with Hemed stamp right where some of us thought the "charge" didn't mean he was banned straight away?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Glad that the facts will come out, no place for this type of behaviour in society and hope Bong will be vindicated and priased for not reacting but reporting such behavior. (Quoted from merged thread)

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Indicates that this is indeed serious business, not going to blast the guy until proven beyond reasonable doubt though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here