Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "You're black and you stink" Rodriquez comment to Bong? - FA say not proven

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Generally in slander/libel I think the defendant needs to prove what they said/wrote (if not fair comment) is true. The claimant doesn't need to prove that the defendant knew it wasn't true.

Yes - I see. I suppose the problem comes if the defendant thought it was true. That is, Bong says 'pretty sure I heard him say...' And unless there is incontrovertible evidence that JR didn't say what Bong thought he heard him say, it will be really tricky. It all depends on what Bong said in his interview in French with at least two different translations that I've seen.

Murky waters ahead if there is any court case.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There are certainly crimes that have at their heart racism. For a crime to be pursued, the alleged victim would make a complaint to the Police and they/CPS would gather evidence and decide whether to prosecute. Whatever charge may be brought in those circumstances, it would not be libel or slander though.
But the victim wouldn't be able to tell anyone else about the complaint they'd made?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Sky have said Myhill, Barry, Livermore and Evans have apologised for breaking curfew in an incident during West Brom’s training camp.

Managed to grab a screen shot of the sky sports page but the breaking news isn’t linked to a full article yet.

D34B4DB9-80DA-4045-84A0-DC630B30D049.jpeg

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
I don’t understand why he has asked for an extension,(previous reason about club not wanting JR banned for important games excepted) If I was accused of such a horrible crime which I knew I didn’t commit, I would want to clear my name as quickly as possible.
He has waited 9 days then requested an extension so he can hire a lip reader. Why wait 9 or 10 days?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don’t understand why he has asked for an extension,(previous reason about club not wanting JR banned for important games excepted) If I was accused of such a horrible crime which I knew I didn’t commit, I would want to clear my name as quickly as possible.
What if you were guilty as hell?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
He has waited 9 days then requested an extension so he can hire a lip reader. Why wait 9 or 10 days?

Because he is arrogant enough to put a jolly to Barcelona ahead of trying to clear his name

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Interestingly today FA say not enough evidence in the case between Holgate and Firmino. Makes you wonder what evidence they may have V Rodriquez

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Am i right the hearing is tomorrow ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here