Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "You're black and you stink" Rodriquez comment to Bong? - FA say not proven

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Twitter is certainly bringing a lot of idiots out of the woodwork. The only conclusion to draw is that football still attracts a lot of racists and both football and society has a long way to go

The thing is you get racists in all walks of life, whether these people seem level headed.
It'll never go away, no matter how much education is given.
If Rodriguez is found guilty, I hope everything is thrown at him, because it will, send a message to these uneducated heatherns.
Obviously only he and Gaitan Bong knew what was said, so it's ones word against the other.
In this age with multiple cctv cameras and people's personal devices, you wonder how these people think they have a chance of getting away with any sort of behaviour.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Probably just me, but Rodriquez,s response to the charge struck me as a man who knew full well what he has done wrong. Then gone hot foot to a good lawyer and been schooled in how to 'fake' his shock and horror at the 'allegation'.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Intrigued that when ostensibly it's one person's word against another they have actually charged Rodriguez.
I do wonder though about all those SKY TV microphones around the perimeter.

That was my thought too. The fa will have taken statements from others like officials etc and maybe even other players. Prima facie it looks like one persons word against the other unless there is more than one person's word.

If there had been tv or mic footage then it would have been shown by now

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Probably just me, but Rodriquez,s response to the charge struck me as a man who knew full well what he has done wrong. Then gone hot foot to a good lawyer and been schooled in how to 'fake' his shock and horror at the 'allegation'.

On the other side I think it is totally out of character for Bong to react the way he did. He played for us 50 times now an I cannot recall him ever reacting to anything, even at Man Utd.

Rodriquez was also under pressure at the time, reading WBA fans comments about him (before he started scoring) how they thought he was a waste of space as he wasn't scoring and was clearly frustrated when the clash of bodies occurred before words were said.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Absolute state of some West Brom fans. They have the nerve to have Cyrille Regis as their avatar but are directing foul abuse at Bong.

This has been eating at me, too. It would be darkly funny if it were not so utterly tragic.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Perfectly put. I can think of no reason why Bong would have made this up

Did see one genius (think he was actually a Southampton, rather than WBA fan) pose the question whether Bong had made this up, purely to try to get an important player from a relegation rival banned.

That was a pretty quick thought process, in the two seconds following the coming together, that he's crediting GB with there.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Did see one genius (think he was actually a Southampton, rather than WBA fan) pose the question whether Bong had made this up, purely to try to get an important player from a relegation rival banned.

That was a pretty quick thought process, in the two seconds following the coming together, that he's crediting GB with there.

No no no, it's an FA conspiracy to have WBA relegated because of um, er, well, you know.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Bong is on a bit of a no win here .. if its found in his favour some people will still berate him and if there is insufficient evidence to prove it he will be branded as making things up, as such I don't think he would have taken this route if there was no substance to his claim.. whatever the outcome I am as the youngsters say #teambong

You are 100% Correct. Gaetan personally is in a NO WIN SITUATION

However by ensuring he went ahead with his complaint will send a message to others that this behaviour by Rodriguez and all those running to his defence will be brought to the fore and punished.

Brighton as a club and the Manager deserve a lot of credit on this too in their support for the lad on this issue. Well done them

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

No, I don't think so. If that was Bong's intention (and that's a great big IF because I don't for one moment give the suggestion any credence whatsoever) he would have had it planned beforehand and just waited for the opportunity.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Bong just gets on with it and very rarely has any cause for complaint, he even took a boot to the gonads and shrugged it off without feeling the need to appeal.

This is a testament to his character, and for me why I always believed there was something in this. Nasty little rat is Rodriguez, apparently Pardew knows all about him though and has looked into his soul... having been in charge for all of a month.

My sentiments exactly (as expressed here shortly after the incident was reported). There was no way that Bong would have just made it up from nowhere

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Well then why don't you tell us what you said, Jay? What did you say which could have sounded so much like racial abuse?

If the referee had seen his hand gestures towards Bong that in the rules is misconduct

SENDING-OFF OFFENCES
A player, substitute or substituted player who commits any of the following offences is sent off
"using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures"

So reading the rules his hand gestures shown on video, if the referee had seen them could have been reason for him taking action against Rodriquez.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'm not sure how anyone can back either player here. None of us know was was said. Football fans are weird when they'll instantly back their own player in these situations.

Maybe he said what has been alleged, maybe it's a misunderstanding. How can anyone make an opinion based only on an accusation :shrug:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Well then why don't you tell us what you said, Jay? What did you say which could have sounded so much like racial abuse?

Maybe he's still trying to find somewhere that will give him the correct legal advice rather than the incorrect legal advice.

And is he denying the false allegation so making the allegation true.

Footballers and twitter eh

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
The FA had to look into Bongs accusation. The FA could have said that there is insufficient evidence to charge Rodriguez -i.e ref didn't hear anything. microphones didn't pick anything up etc. They would also know that Rodriguez would strongly challenge a decision made against him. So, it leads me to be believe that the FA must have some pretty strong evidence - it will not be Rodriguez word against Bong. Otherwise Rodriguez lawyers will have the FA for breakfast.

Perhaps a player(s) did report something?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here