Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "You're black and you stink" Rodriquez comment to Bong? - FA say not proven

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Just heard from my daughter that a red headed friend who's about 13 is having to die her hair brown to stop the bullying at school. Wake up people.

Unfortunately she'll still have freckly forearms.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Just heard from my daughter that a red headed friend who's about 13 is having to die her hair brown to stop the bullying at school. Wake up people.

It doesn't surprise me. I was told by relatives how lucky I was to have such beautiful hair, but I didn't feel that at the time.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Spent the majority of my secondary school suffering for the same reason
It doesn't surprise me. I was told by relatives how lucky I was to have such beautiful hair, but I didn't feel that at the time.
It angers me so much that it's tolerated. If my daughter is bullied at school for it and the school don't deal with it properly, the shit is gonna hit the fan.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A lot of Bullies come from family dynamics where bullying is encouraged on a specific family member.

It's a very deep-rooted issue.
That doesn't really help the victims. You can see from some of the attitudes on here that some think this form of racism is fine.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I think it is. I don't see how slagging someone off because of their natural colour isn't racist?

What if I take the piss out of your Big nose, or your small hands, or your wide arse? It's a piss take of your appearance, short arse.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What if I take the piss out of your Big nose, or your small hands, or your wide arse? It's a piss take of your appearance, short arse.
My wide arse is due to the amount of food I eat, not to do with my race. If, however, it were to become commonplace to slag of a particular ethnic group for their hereditary large bums or big noses, then that would be racism. Same with height - my wide but short arse is not a characteristic of my race of people, so go ahead.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
My wide arse is due to the amount of food I eat, not to do with my race. If, however, it were to become commonplace to slag of a particular ethnic group for their hereditary large bums or big noses, then that would be racism. Same with height - my wide but short arse is not a characteristic of my race of people, so go ahead.

Maybe if I took the piss out of your big nose then, and you happened to be Jewish, would that be racist, even if I did not know you were Jewish?

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Picking on someone for being ginger doesn't fall within the boundaries of racism, racism is a hate crime and I don't think anyone can seriously argue there is genuine hate involved in the pisstaking here. Plus there's been no systematic historical persecution of gingers based purely on the colour of their hair which is obviously why racism is rightly taken more seriously.

That being said though I won't deny reckoning that you are far likelier to get bullied at school for being ginger these days than you are for being black. And for such kids the wider historical contexts won't matter a jot, nor will the fact their ginger hair will have no future bearing on their prospects- they just don't want to be picked on and why should they be? Bullying is bullying and shouldn't be tolerated so I really can sympathise with gingers as it must be especially hard not having a soul as well.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
A lot of Bullies come from family dynamics where bullying is encouraged on a specific family member.

It's a very deep-rooted issue.

My wife is regarded as the family idiot by her siblings whereas she's far more knowledgeable on almost everything than any of them. It's just that they've got so used to talking down to her that they can't see it.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Jay Rodriguez - charged

[Tweet]961653424168357888[/tweet]

[Tweet]961654800814395393[/Tweet]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports