Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "You're black and you stink" Rodriquez comment to Bong? - FA say not proven

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's tomorrow. He's not even saying Gaetan misheard him, only that he said his breath stinks.
Alan Pardew is speaking for the defence. Hmm I'm not sure that's going to help him.

Lewes Punk

Feb 11, 2018
So IF Rodgriguez was found guilty (and I recognise he may not) then he'd get a 5-game ban. Which is meaningless because WBA are already down anyway.

Wouldn't be much of a penalty would it?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So IF Rodgriguez was found guilty (and I recognise he may not) then he'd get a 5-game ban. Which is meaningless because WBA are already down anyway.

I don't think any ban would have much burden on the club had it been earlier. If found guilty it could have an effect on his future premier league career away from WBA. It would also effect WBA who would be seen as putting their backing to somebody at the same time they were mouning Regis.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales

The ban would be inconsequential , the long term ramifications of a guilty verdict are much more likely to hurt the player , no doubt he will continue to play football for a living but he will always be remembered for that player who racially abused a fellow professional , or not , as the case may be , it's clear that he said something , the whole thing is rather nasty all round , if he's found not guilty then all eyes and pointed finger will be on Bong as to why he would suggest he heard such a thing .

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The ban would be inconsequential , the long term ramifications of a guilty verdict are much more likely to hurt the player , no doubt he will continue to play football for a living but he will always be remembered for that player who racially abused a fellow professional , or not , as the case may be , it's clear that he said something , the whole thing is rather nasty all round , if he's found not guilty then all eyes and pointed finger will be on Bong as to why he would suggest he heard such a thing .

Correct. The reputational damage is the thing that will hurt. Being guilty of racism in the current climate ain't a happy event.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I like the idea of Pardew being effectively the spectre at the feast, just hanging around hoping people might think he still is WBA manager.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Pardew at the hearing. I’m very much thinking of the game of thrones scene where Littlefinger attends court and then gets accused and his throat slit. I hope it goes that way.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I care not one jot about WBA being punished. It was not the Club who are alleged to have made the comments. It is an individual and if he is guilty and only the individual should be punished. This is also about the Football League acting on this serious issue.

This is about tackling racism within football. Yes OK there are two individuals involved but the whole of Football should be taking this seriously. I am fully behind Gaetan Bong on the incident. By the way will a decision be made today ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I just don't see how anything can be proved beyond reasonable doubt that Rodriguez made a racist remark - its just one mans word against another. The video footage is inconclusive. If it hasn't (or can't) be PROVED, then he'll have to be found innocent. They've rightly charged him, as you have to be seen to be going through due process with a serious allegation such as this, and it must be investigated as thoroughly as possible.

But unless there has been some evidence brought to light that we are not aware of, I can't see how this charge can be upheld.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I just don't see how anything can be proved beyond reasonable doubt that Rodriguez made a racist remark - its just one mans word against another. The video footage is inconclusive. If it hasn't (or can't) be PROVED, then he'll have to be found innocent. They've rightly charged him, as you have to be seen to be going through due process with a serious allegation such as this, and it must be investigated as thoroughly as possible.

But unless there has been some evidence brought to light that we are not aware of, I can't see how this charge can be upheld.

Bong should have decked him at the time - it would have saved 88 pages :moo:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I noted that Pardew is give evidence for Rodriguez can he say 100% anything more than CH could for Bong.about what was actually said. Of course he cant only what his players said was said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here