Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "You're black and you stink" Rodriquez comment to Bong? - FA say not proven

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Ok fair enough, I just remember being called all sorts of things when I was playing football, when I was a 15 year old playing in a mens team, I would bite back and lose my temper which would affect my game.Then as i grew up I would use any abuse to motivate, just like Murray does and that would benefit me and the team and not bring others into it, so who would be the winner? The abuser would always be the loser.

Are you black? Or belong to a minority? If not, the abuse you received when playing football at 15 is utterly redundent.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I remember reading that Bong has said that he asked Rodriguez to repeat what he had said and he did.

Basically he gave the fella the chance to back out of it whilst also confirming what he had heard.

If this is true, surely the lip reader is pretty irrelevant.
Can anyone confirm whether Bong did ask JR to repeat himself?

He did ask him to repeat it, but I do not think he did repeat it, all Bong said was he thought JR realised that he had said something inappropriate at that moment, judging his expression. I have seen footage from an angle where you can see JR's lips moving, and I am not a lip reader, but he appeared to me to use either the word Black or Back. I have not been able to find that clip again though, so can't post it.

D

Deleted member 2719

Are you black? Or belong to a minority? If not, the abuse you received when playing football at 15 is utterly redundent.

Sorry but that pure bolloxs, at 15 you are far more vulnerable than an adult who has lived a bit.

Anyway what is a minority a ginger, a tall man, a short man, the list goes on.

Anyway this thread has had far to much attention, so this will be my last post on it.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Sorry but that pure bolloxs, at 15 you are far more vulnerable than an adult who has lived a bit.

Anyway what is a minority a ginger, a tall man, a short man, the list goes on.

Anyway this thread has had far to much attention, so this will be my last post on it.

So on other words, no. Are you seriously comparing the struggles of a white, male teenager to racial abuse? THAT is pure bollocks.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
No not just you was thinking the same as soon as I read the update on the bbc website.

Has to be said that Bong is knuckling down and getting on with the job and performing well

what.else.would you expect him to do , i genuinely dont know wbether the story is true or not , but even if its.true , he was called a NAME or.whatever , do you really think he should do anything other than carry on as normal ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
what.else.would you expect him to do , i genuinely dont know wbether the story is true or not , but even if its.true , he was called a NAME or.whatever , do you really think he should do anything other than carry on as normal ?

Expect and what happens can be two different things ..sometimes people can be affected by events in their lives ..but then you will know that
Also all the emphasis in the media (that I have seen) has been on the WBA player and Pardews support ..which is what the OP was referring too.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Expect and what happens can be two different things ..sometimes people can be affected by events in their lives ..but then you will know that
Also all the emphasis in the media (that I have seen) has been on the WBA player and Pardews support ..which is what the OP was referring too.

i dont.care what al the news is about , my point is that a grown man shouldnt do anything other than carry on as normal after being called a.name

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
It's always the same detractors on these threads. They appear (and sometimes start) the ones involving foreigners too. And gay ones.

It's like there's a trend somewhere.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
West Brom/Rodriguez hanging this out as long as possible by asking for a personal hearing on deadline day for such requests. Top lawyers and lip-reading experts being hired - this could get messy.

Sauce - Sky Sports.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
West Brom/Rodriguez hanging this out as long as possible by asking for a personal hearing on deadline day for such requests. Top lawyers and lip-reading experts being hired - this could get messy.
We already knew he asked for a personal hearing. And we've known for a while he's employed a lip-reader and decent lawyer. Sounds like no news.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We already knew he asked for a personal hearing. And we've known for a while he's employed a lip-reader and decent lawyer. Sounds like no news.

Fair enough. I popped on here to enquire if their was any news, because it all seemed to have gone quiet - and then I thought rather than just being lazy and asking, I'd google it. Then I put what I found on here.

So sorry to have bothered you.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fair enough. I popped on here to enquire if their was any news, because it all seemed to have gone quiet - and then I thought rather than just being lazy and asking, I'd google it. Then I put what I found on here.

So sorry to have bothered you.
Apology accepted :thumbsup:

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I heard in the newsagents in the Martlets that we have agreed to sign him if they go down. Reason: No one wants to room with GB on overnight away trips.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here