Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "You're black and you stink" Rodriquez comment to Bong? - FA say not proven

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
To the Rod. apologists and those trying to say it,was all a misunderstanding, from Bong
“Please let me be clear: I know what I heard and I did not mishear."

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The verdict was "not proven". It does not mean the Rodriguez is not guilty, it just means that case against him has not been proved, not that he is innocent. The same as in Scottish Law where three verdicts are possible.

I agree. My post was badly typed. If you look at the previous posts to that in context I should have typed so therefore Rodriguez is not Not Guilty.
I missed out a 'not'.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
My opinion: he said “your breath stinks” and did the hold nose thing. Trust me, he would not have done the actions so obviously if he was being racist.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
So ... insufficient evidence to prove Rodrigues did racially abuse and insufficient evidence to prove he didn't means in the eyes of the F.A. he's neither guilty nor is he not guilty.

Rodrigues has spent the whole weekend telling anyone and everyone that he didn't racially abuse Bong, and now Bong has released a statement leaving no doubt whatsoever that there was no misunderstanding and mishearing and he feels Rodrigues DID racially abuse him.
One can only conclude therefore that one of these two gentleman is a liar.

In the absence of an admission from either party, people will have to make up their own minds who is telling the truth, using the scene that unfolded on the pitch in full view of all.
So who do you believe?

The quiet inoffensive player who was minding his own business and gently jogging back into his position at the time of the alleged offence and if nothing was said had absolutely no reason to make a fuss, ... or the player who made clear and offensive hand gestures in the direction of the other player for what at the time seemed to be no reason whatsoever other than to abuse him?

I'm struggling, but I think I've made up my mind who the liar is.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The way Bong got on with the game at Old Trafford after being manhandled like he was makes me believe that he would not get wound up very easily but he was clearly upset at WBA so I don't believe at all he is the liar

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Oh well, I guess that's the end of...

Oh, wait...

[tweet]986718714103062528[/tweet]

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
The way Bong got on with the game at Old Trafford after being manhandled like he was makes me believe that he would not get wound up very easily but he was clearly upset at WBA so I don't believe at all he is the liar

Exactly! After Lukaku’s clumsy attempt to castrate him, Bong seemed to be the only person in the entire BHA community who wasn’t appalled, and did not make the tiniest complaint about it. So, yes, doesn’t seem the kind of person who would complain lightly.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Oh well, I guess that's the end of...

Oh, wait...

[tweet]986718714103062528[/tweet]

I must admit, I was pretty surprised that Albion put out that statement today. I'm not sure what it achieves, other than re-igniting the issue, and that Sun back page seems to confirm that view.

An Independent Commission found the case not proven; however, Bong's reputation wasn't tarnished in any way by the findings. Surely that should have been that, from an Albion perspective?

NogansRun

Aug 8, 2016
Any chance JR said 'get back, you stink' with GB mishearing this as 'you're black, you stink'? Still a retarded thing to say, but easily misheard in the melee?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I must admit, I was pretty surprised that Albion put out that statement today. I'm not sure what it achieves, other than re-igniting the issue, and that Sun back page seems to confirm that view.

An Independent Commission found the case not proven; however, Bong's reputation wasn't tarnished in any way by the findings. Surely that should have been that, from an Albion perspective?

I’d imagine it would have been, if not for JR’s I’ll advised statement announcing he’d been ‘cleared’.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
So ... insufficient evidence to prove Rodrigues did racially abuse and insufficient evidence to prove he didn't means in the eyes of the F.A. he's neither guilty nor is he not guilty.

Rodrigues has spent the whole weekend telling anyone and everyone that he didn't racially abuse Bong, and now Bong has released a statement leaving no doubt whatsoever that there was no misunderstanding and mishearing and he feels Rodrigues DID racially abuse him.
One can only conclude therefore that one of these two gentleman is a liar.

In the absence of an admission from either party, people will have to make up their own minds who is telling the truth, using the scene that unfolded on the pitch in full view of all.
So who do you believe?

The quiet inoffensive player who was minding his own business and gently jogging back into his position at the time of the alleged offence and if nothing was said had absolutely no reason to make a fuss, ... or the player who made clear and offensive hand gestures in the direction of the other player for what at the time seemed to be no reason whatsoever other than to abuse him?

I'm struggling, but I think I've made up my mind who the liar is.

You’re the liar. They get in to an argument after a tussle and words are exchanged. Where do you make this shit up ?!
http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11207464/rodriguez-and-bong-clash

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I’d imagine it would have been, if not for JR’s I’ll advised statement announcing he’d been ‘cleared’.

If so, I'm surprised. They've allowed themselves to be dragged into a slanging match, and for further newspaper headlines.

I simply don't know what the statement today achieves. :shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If so, I'm surprised. They've allowed themselves to be dragged into a slanging match, and for further newspaper headlines.

I simply don't know what the statement today achieves. :shrug:

Feels like it’s got to the point where they both feel they have to have the ‘last word’. JR claiming he’d been cleared left Bong feeling he needed to counter that. Tricky one - if JR had simply “accepted” the verdict he’d be halfway to admittting he was guilty........

Bong will get flamed when tomorrow’s paper is published, JR will issue another statement saying he’s been cleared.......And on the saga will go. If we play West Brom any time soon we ideally need Sidwell on the pitch to deal with it properly like he did with Kermorgant.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here