Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "You're black and you stink" Rodriquez comment to Bong? - FA say not proven

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
And if this, or something similar, was happening in the UK or EU then it would be a protected characteristic (albino). That's not a skin-colour or race example though, as this is specific to albinos and not caucasians, so I still don't get your point.

I agreed with you, there wasn't a point. I was just giving an example of persecution.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
By referring to my standards I certainly did not intend to be patronizing. I suppose it’s quite ironic given our conversation about causing offence and it perhaps to a degree backs up the point you make. All I was really saying though is that personally I dislike rudeness, offensiveness, disrespectful behavior and all forms of discrimination. I don’t rank them. Perhaps the only way we differ is on the language we use to describe what we dislike.

Fair enough, but I didn't take offence (I don't offend anywhere near that easily), just misunderstood the point you were making. Cheers.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Would there be all of this discussion if he'd said to Sidwell your ginger and you stink?
There would be from me. Most people don't realise that comments against people for having ginger hair is racist, but it is. Only a certain race of people have ginger hair, and they face discrimination because of it. The discrimination isn't usually as bad as those who face discrimination for being black, but they still face abuse which is racist.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
There would be from me. Most people don't realise that comments against people for having ginger hair is racist, but it is. Only a certain race of people have ginger hair, and they face discrimination because of it. The discrimination isn't usually as bad as those who face discrimination for being black, but they still face abuse which is racist.

Not sure you can define ginger / red haired people as a distinct race. Whether it is an example of persecution of a certain characteristic that should afford legal protection though is another argument. This BBC article writer argues it should.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/6725653.stm

My personal view is that, unpleasant as it is for those on the receiving end, people with ginger hair are not discriminated against when it comes to widespread physical violence, job prospects, earnings, freedom of expression, harassment, and other equality measures as those groups who are currently protected by the Equality Act, and therefore 'gingerism' is more akin to childish bullying than racism or discrimination.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Unlike the aforementioned groups, people with ginger hair, to use yours and the wanderbus' example, have not suffered from historical, endemic and often institutionalised discrimination and persecution.
Firstly, they have, and secondly, it wouldn't matter if they hadn't. If you find a race of people who haven't faced discrimination, it's not then ok to negatively refer to their race or origin, it's racist. You can be racist to Chinese, Japanese, any other oriental race, Pakistani, Indian, Middle-eastern, as well as black people, etc etc - are you saying they've all suffered from historical abuse? What a load of rubbish. You're sounding like Stephen K Amon, and he's a tw@.

Unless I missed the ginger slave trade & lynchings, obviously
Plenty of white people were enslaved by the Romans and others. Are you saying that all the other races that are discriminated against have been enslaved and lynched too? :rolleyes:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Firstly, they have, and secondly, it wouldn't matter if they hadn't. If you find a race of people who haven't faced discrimination, it's not then ok to negatively refer to their race or origin, it's racist. You can be racist to Chinese, Japanese, any other oriental race, Pakistani, Indian, Middle-eastern, as well as black people, etc etc - are you saying they've all suffered from historical abuse? What a load of rubbish. You're sounding like Stephen K Amon, and he's a tw@.

Plenty of white people were enslaved by the Romans and others. Are you saying that all the other races that are discriminated against have been enslaved and lynched too? :rolleyes:

Not forgetting the coastal tribes of Africa, went inland to capture black people of other tribes, to sell them to the ships.

Queen Victoria looked after a black child who was orphaned by another tribe. She was a princess in that tribe, and fortunately the British Navy rescued her, and brought her to England. The story of Sarah Forbes is fascinating.

http://www.blackhistorymonth.org.uk...es/the-african-princess-sarah-forbes-bonetta/

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not sure you can define ginger / red haired people as a distinct race.
How many races are there? Are Thai people one race, Korean another, Japanese another, Chinese another, Vietnamese another (etc etc)? You can be racist to any one of those groups. The fact is that having red hair is a trait of one's race. You don't get people from the groups I've mentioned above with red hair.

The significant points are that it's specific to certain races of people, and that they're born with or without it. Just like a black person is born with their particular type of hair, and it's racist to negatively comment on their type of hair.

Whether it is an example of persecution of a certain characteristic that should afford legal protection though is another argument. This BBC article writer argues it should.....
I know it should, it's bloody obvious. People are bullied because of the colour they're born, this isn't complicated.

Last edited:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

Charming, thanks for that grown up response. I'll file you under 'lost cause' along with the others who are managing to somehow spectacularly miss the point I am making.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Charming, thanks for that grown up response. I'll file you under 'lost cause' along with the others who are managing to somehow spectacularly miss the point I am making.
Thanks, I'll file you under 'racist'. Maybe if people are missing your point, you've not made it very well.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wow, just wow.

Mods - can you please have a quiet word with this fool - that's defamation of character.
You've said that no matter how hurt a red head might be by any comments against them, it's not valid to compare that to racism. I disagree, I think that is racist.

I think you're doing a fine job of harming your character yourself.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Seriously? The lot of you are behaving like kids in a playground. It would be hard to know where to start with 'having words'.

Yes, seriously, unless you can find anything that I have ever posted that could excuse someone accusing me of being a racist. That's a pretty serious accusation so I'd be grateful if you'd treat it a bit more seriously. Thanks.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You've accused Bobby Fisher of lying. When it's pointed out to you, that in fact it's you who's got a vital fact wrong your response is, basically, whatever, he's still making it up
"funny how tbe author remembers everything so clearly yet gets a vital fact wrong."
And so you continue to plough on despite your original claim being easily debunked. If by your standards Bobby Fisher is a liar, so are you. Or your 'friend'.

Yes ive accused bobby fisher of lying , which he was
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/MILLWALL-V...PROGRAMME-7-12-1974-/282780948308?_mwBanner=1

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here