Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "You're black and you stink" Rodriquez comment to Bong? - FA say not proven

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Some comments... :ffsparr:
...........jpg

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Did you not laugh as a youngster at Love Thy Neighbour and Till Death us Do part which was the crux of it as they were acceptable and highly rated comic shows on TV. I realise that the world has changed somewhat from those days.

I hope people can take your follow up post for what it was. You've acknowledged you've messed up and apologised and fair play for that but Love Thy Neighbour was over 40 years ago. As with Love They Neighbour, Till Death Us Do Part was a deliberate piss-take of racism and that hasn't been aired for 20 odd years. We have all moved on.

I think most people are a bit incredulous that, even given your age, that you can't see that insulting a black person by making reference to the colour of the skin it is always going to be regarded as racist.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Did you not laugh as a youngster at Love Thy Neighbour and Till Death us Do part which was the crux of it as they were acceptable and highly rated comic shows on TV. I realise that the world has changed somewhat from those days.

No, it's a lazy trope. Plenty of people found them offensive at the time.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
No.I did not find either shows funny. To make fun of someone’s colour, race or creed I just do not get.

Surely the point of both those programmes was actually to make fun of the uneducated racist. In Love They Neighbour I seem to recall the bigot was seen as the idiot and the black man was seen to be the educated one rising above it.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
I thought these types of misjudged comments were a part of history and consigned to the bin when Love Thy Neighbour was taken off the TV.

So by BGs logic calling someone a black bast*** is nit racist either.

:facepalm:

i don't think BG called anyone a black *******, to be fair

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I shall move on and accept that I was wrong.

I don't care if you are 200, you are still alive and living in 2018 and unless you have been living in a cave for the past 20 years you knew full well what you said was wrong before you posted it and you should have said nothing, have you not been watching the news only last week about what that half head Trump apparently said about shithole countries.

Anyway, this will be interesting to see how WBA handle this even if there is a whiff of racism involved.
WBA have a long and envious history of signing ethnic players, Brendon Batson, Cyril Regis etc etc back in the Ron Atkinson days ( yes I know what subsequently happened)
Every club should do the decent thing over and above The FA but maybe WBA more than any other.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

BG - DON'T

You redeemed yourself with your apology mate. That was good enough for me and I believe you were sincere in your apology.

DON'T go there again on this issue.. I am trying to help you here. For your experienced years your showing a bit of naivety here. Did you not see how serious and angry the Manager was when asked about the issue on Saturday?

This is a massive incident and if it was in a Man United of Chelsea or Man City or Liverpool match it would be the headline news

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I apologise if my post offended anybody as it wasnt intended it was a light hearted comment and obviously I come from a different era to most so what they see as being racist I do not consider it to be so. So if appropriate mods please remove it. I fully accept that it could have been said in a malicious and offensive manner.

Bull shit

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Kneecapping. He’d know all about that.

Geez I’ve just read that load of tweets....apparently because James said so and Jay is a nice man it couldn’t possibly have happened :facepalm:

Chris Kamara on Goals on Sunday almost said the same...as he knows JR personally...he should have kept his gob shut too

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here