Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "You're black and you stink" Rodriquez comment to Bong? - FA say not proven

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Alfredmizen was convinced after the Brexit victory that white people are allowed to say whatever they like to black folks. I think this has upset him.

not even remotely funny nibble

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
well it has escalated and you have responded , so why not answer the question ?

Alfred, talking of answering the question, you may have missed my one to you in my previous post, so I'll ask again - what do you mean by '"racism" is an industry?'

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Ive never seen so many sanctimonious pricks as on this thread. Rodriguez made himself look like a childish **** with his actions, I doubt he's any more of a racist than anyone else. Maybe someone should find out what his black teammates think of him . Would there be all of this discussion if he'd said to Sidwell your ginger and you stink?

Jan 30, 2008
Ive never seen so many sanctimonious pricks as on this thread. Rodriguez made himself look like a childish **** with his actions, I doubt he's any more of a racist than anyone else. Maybe someone should find out what his black teammates think of him . Would there be all of this discussion if he'd said to Sidwell your ginger and you stink?
nope .
regards
DR

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

Not a good comparison is it? One persons hair colour against anothers skin colour.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

You saw the actions but did you hear the words? If you didn't hear what was said, then you've got no more idea than the rest of us.

Why would Bong make it up? He responded immediately and told the referee. He has said it was bad enough not to be repeated on tv.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I doubt he's any more of a racist than anyone..

Surely some people are racist and some people aren't ?

Or are you applying an average of racism (from a sample) and applying that to an individual to guage the level of racism ?

In which case not being more racist than anyone else is not a definitive measure of racism. Merely that it doesn't deviate from the average.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Talk from a Sky Sports reporter that Jay Rodriquez is taking legal advice on the accusations. Concerned about his reputation and how to completely clear his name.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Surely some people are racist and some people aren't ?

Or are you applying an average of racism (from a sample) and applying that to an individual to guage the level of racism ?

In which case not being more racist than anyone else is not a definitive measure of racism. Merely that it doesn't deviate from the average.

I think people can say racist things in the heat of the moment and still not be racist. I don't think, for instance, that Trevor Sinclair is racist and likewise Ron Atkinson. I've no idea if Rodriguez is racist or not and perhaps he said things in the heat of the moment. If he has he will still have to suffer the consequences, of course.

But I agree with you that we're not all more or less the same. I'm certainly not more less as racist as Nick Griffin. Likewise, I've got a black mate of a right-wing persuasion who regards Diane Abbott as a racist. He's not more or less as racist as her.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
where have i lied ?

You've accused Bobby Fisher of lying. When it's pointed out to you, that in fact it's you who's got a vital fact wrong your response is, basically, whatever, he's still making it up
"funny how tbe author remembers everything so clearly yet gets a vital fact wrong."
And so you continue to plough on despite your original claim being easily debunked. If by your standards Bobby Fisher is a liar, so are you. Or your 'friend'.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
What in pointing otmut is that people call each other names, especially in the heat of a match. Although childish , to my mind , if Rodriguez said what is claimed it was no more intended as racist than calling someone fat, ginger ,bald or whatever. Using racist language doesn't necessarily make you a racist .0

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Any word on when the hearing is?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here