Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "You're black and you stink" Rodriquez comment to Bong? - FA say not proven

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
that people tell lies , "racism" is an industry.

To an extent, I agree about racism being an industry. But that's quite another thing from trying to call someone out as a bullshitter. Do you really believe Bobby Fisher and Cunningham didn't receive racial abuse at The Den that day? (now that you've conceded that Cunningham did play there after all).

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
To an extent, I agree about racism being an industry. But that's quite another thing from trying to call someone out as a bullshitter. Do you really believe Bobby Fisher and Cunningham didn't receive racial abuse at The Den that day? (now that you've conceded that Cunningham did play there after all).

certainly not to the extent he states in the article

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
What do you remember from that game then (and which end were you in, Orient or Millwall) ?

I dont remember anything friends who WERE there who have no reason to lie remember it was nothing whatsoever like that , there was no barbed wire , there was no knife thrown and cunningham didnt score.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I dont remember anything friends who WERE there who have no reason to lie remember it was nothing whatsoever like that , there was no barbed wire , there was no knife thrown and cunningham didnt score.

Presumably, these were the same friends who told you that Cunningham didn't play until you went back to them to say 'but someone on a Brighton forum said he did' :lolol:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Presumably, these were the same friends who told you that Cunningham didn't play until you went back to them to say 'but someone on a Brighton forum said he did' :lolol:

no , and nobody on here did state specifically that he did play.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
that people tell lies , "racism" is an industry.

People tell lies, yes, but in most cases small / white lies. People exaggerate a truth to make a point more often, sometimes justified, sometimes not.

What does "racism is an industry" mean though? If it means what I think you mean then, as whites, we do have to suck it up imo. I do understand to an extent the anger that some well-meaning and decently behaved white people (men mostly it seems) feel at the fact that they are somehow blamed and are responsible for the sins of both history and what is still, in many ways, a bigoted and racist world. It just doesn't seem fair, right?

But the fact is, as white people, we absolutely do have a responsibility to understand the context of all actions that are either intended to be, or construed to be, racist, and act accordingly - centuries of persecution of black and ethnic minorities deserves nothing less as a response. That's what political correctness really is (or should be), and that's why it's a force for good, a force for decency. The problem otherwise is that, as a white person, one can end up sounding a bit like an apologist for racist behaviour in a misguided attempt to redress a balance that just doesn't need redressing.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
This Rodruigues / Bong situation will not be resolved, it will end up as a 'he said, she said' claim & counter claim.

Unless someone has a recording somewhere.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
This Rodruigues / Bong situation will not be resolved, it will end up as a 'he said, she said' claim & counter claim.

Unless someone has a recording somewhere.

It depends if other players heard it, as in the case of Shelvey.

Wolves players Dominic Iorfa, Matt Doherty and Cameron Borthwick-Jackson all gave evidence against Shelvey. In it they claimed their team-mate was called 'a smelly Arab c***' and 'a Moroccan p****'.

Shelvey insisted he had only ever said 'smelly breathed p****' and that he was reacting to being called a 'bald c***' having suffered from alopecia since childhood.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...elder-handed-five-game-ban-fined-100-000.html

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Seriously , if one of our players had been accused of racial abuse , why would he not be entitled to our full support ?

I didn't really want to respond because I knew that that would escalate this whole argument and feed your prejudices even more.
Frankly I'd rather that posts that deteriorate in this way on here were just deleted but as the argument has seemingly continued I will explain what I meant .
If one of our players was accused of racially abusing another player I would obviously give them the benefit of the doubt. What I wouldn't do is use it as an opportunity to spread disgusting bigoted views. There is a huge difference between giving the player the benefit of the doubt and giving them 100 percent support. The argument is redundant anyway because what we are talking about here is one of our players being racially abused and what you've done is allow this to create a platform for your own racist views to come out. There's no point you trying to get in some kind of moral argument with me. It's absolutely obvious you're a total racist and you despise the idea of a black person daring to suggest they were racially abused. You've used a totally unrelated newspaper report from years ago to basically suggest that Bong is lying and that other people who suffered racial abuse are lying. That's why I don't want to respond to you and that's why so many other posts have reacted to your comments. And frankly it makes me embarrassed to be an Albion supporter and even more embarrassed to be a human being.

You'd be better off coming out and saying you're a total racist and hate black people- yo'd be far more respected if you were honest rather than trying to dress things up as some kind of moral crusade.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Alfredmizen was convinced after the Brexit victory that white people are allowed to say whatever they like to black folks. I think this has upset him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here