Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Turning back the clock

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I don't think they could handle the ear-splitting noise from the packed, legendary North Stand of old. Few away fans would dare take to liberties on our patch and those that did would only try it once. Did I mention I'm ex SAS?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
My daughter would have struggled, she wasn't born........

Jan 30, 2008
I don't think they could handle the ear-splitting noise from the packed, legendary North Stand of old. Few away fans would dare take to liberties on our patch and those that did would only try it once. Did I mention I'm ex SAS?

Swindon active service ???
regards
DR

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The younger ones would need to learn how to stay on their feet during a good surge. Loved the old North stand but the Amex North sing a lot more (even if it's two different songs) .... mind you, they have had a lot more to sing about.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
From what I've seen in the North Stand concourse a fair few veterans of the old North Stand are still coming along. Really miss the old North Stand.

Jul 7, 2003
They certainly wouldn't eat or drink as much. As for the old North Stand toilets, when they dig up the retail park some time in the future, they will think they have found an old roman latrine.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Not sure of your point.

I used to go in the North Stand- even started the odd song now and then.

It wasn't much different to now really. There was rarely any trouble. If there was it wasn't normally Albion fans that started it.

I'm guessing you would close your ears and eyes to that. Much easier to remember the days of bravado pulling faces at away fans from a safe distance.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Not sure of your point.

I used to go in the North Stand- even started the odd song now and then.

It wasn't much different to now really. There was rarely any trouble. If there was it wasn't normally Albion fans that started it.

I'm guessing you would close your ears and eyes to that. Much easier to remember the days of bravado pulling faces at away fans from a safe distance.

I concur, there were plenty of fantastic atmospheres in the old North Stand, and plenty of occasions when it was as flat as a pancake - not unlike our modern era North Stand 2.0.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here