Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Promotion to the PL was worth £200M, or so we kept being reminded.....

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
SERIOUSLY ?? You want a new board ? You want the chance of a foreign Archer ? I suspect you weren't around in the bad years ! I'd rather we were L2 team with Bloom in charge then some forieign f**kwit.

I blame the Board for our likely relegation, NOT the players or Hughton! We had every chance to recruit in the summer with our windfall, and rather cocked it up.

I have been around since 1970!!!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Let's see shall we, the next 3 months will tell it's own story? I don't think it is necessary to 'sell one's soul' either.

I think binning off all the players that got you promoted for new shiny ones and sacking the board and inviting anyone with cash to launder/invest, is selling your soul.

D

Deleted member 22389

I blame the Board for our likely relegation, NOT the players or Hughton! We had every chance to recruit in the summer with our windfall, and rather cocked it up.

I don't think we get any of that money till next season, and If I was Tony Bloom I would want to recoup some of that investment. He has put a hell of a lot of money in to this club. Let's keep our fingers crossed we can scrape some more wins and just hope the ones around us screw up. If we manage to stay in this league then next season will be completely different, the club can gamble some more money.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
We did spend a good chunk of money in the summer but I think the only signings we can agree on that have proven to be good deals are Groß and Ryan.

Pröpper has good technique but is more suited to an attacking role, and therefore isn't much of an upgrade, if at all, on Kayal in a two-man midfield. Too flakey to play in his current position as well in my opinion. Hasn't even had a chance to play further forward.

Izquierdo has looked good in patches but isn't being allowed to play his natural attacking game and looks very pissed off about it. Took ages for him to get a start as well.

Suttner has looked good of late after a bit of a slow start but has been rotated far too often to really get going, with the inferior Bong getting in ahead of him at random.

Schelotto should've started yesterday after doing well recently but fell victim to rotation again for Bruno, despite him being appalling of late. Originally only given a chance playing out of position.

Brown didn't go according to plan, obviously. Played out of position for 10 mins at a time and also looked pissed off throughout his whole spell

So really, I'd say the problem has been that we haven't used our new signings in the right manner and many haven't been given the chance to settle in properly with regular appearances, which begs the question of why we signed them at all considering they don't seem to fit the system CH wants to play. None of them look like bad players, just looks like they've been mismanaged and used in the wrong way to me.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We did spend a good chunk of money in the summer but I think the only signings we can agree on that have proven to be good deals are Groß and Ryan.

Pröpper has good technique but is more suited to an attacking role, and therefore isn't much of an upgrade, if at all, on Kayal in a two-man midfield. Too flakey to play in his current position as well in my opinion. Hasn't even had a chance to play further forward.

Izquierdo has looked good in patches but isn't being allowed to play his natural attacking game and looks very pissed off about it. Took ages for him to get a start as well.

Suttner has looked good of late after a bit of a slow start but has been rotated far too often to really get going, with the inferior Bong getting in ahead of him at random.

Schelotto should've started yesterday after doing well recently but fell victim to rotation again for Bruno, despite him being appalling of late. Originally only given a chance playing out of position.

Brown didn't go according to plan, obviously. Played out of position for 10 mins at a time and also looked pissed off throughout his whole spell

So really, I'd say the problem has been that we haven't used our new signings in the right manner and many haven't been given the chance to settle in properly with regular appearances, which begs the question of why we signed them at all considering they don't seem to fit the system CH wants to play. None of them look like bad players, just looks like they've been mismanaged and used in the wrong way to me.

Hard to disagree with most of that

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Last seasons totals..... under the current tv deal

Premier-League-Prize-Money-distribution-explained.jpg

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I’ve watched the Albion for 60 years. We’ve gone up, we’ve gone down, and we’ve nearly gone out.

I’ve cheered and booed, been to some pretty sad places to do it. Been elated. Been disappointed. Still been going, though.

£200m or not, makes no difference. If we play Manchester City or Lincoln City, so what? Don’t we all follow the Albion?

When a little team goes up - that includes us - top players are reluctant to join in case the little team goes back down. The recruitment team is therefore sifting through the rest to see who WILL sign, and if they’ll be any good for us. That’s why seeing some Billy Bigboots at Lancing always causes a laugh....we’re almost certainly really scouting Barry Barndore of Middle Wallop Rangers ( a 20 goal a season man ). £15 m to you, sir.

In reality we’ll have a much better chance if we can make it to another Premier season. If not, we’ll all follow the Albion in the Championship, won’t we?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
All this talk of relegation, get rid of CH, change the board etc etc etc.....
Is a load of bollox, we are not some fancy dan club like Chelsea or Man City.
We are BHA, a family club with real supporters, well most of them are, which have exceeded a lot expectations.
Why can't some people see this, it's really infuriating to hear people bedwetting about our current predicament.
We're in safe hands, be patient.
#together

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

You’ve been around since 1970....hmm...i’m not sure where but it doesn’t sound like around Brighton and Hove Albion

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I was just thinking... if we dumped the board and couldn't get a multi trillionarre who wanted a little plaything down on that quaint south coast place in England somewhere, we could always go for a Steve Parrish type. First a thread calling for Hughton out, now a thread calling for the board out. It could only happen online. Careful what you wish for.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
You’ve been around since 1970....hmm...i’m not sure where but it doesn’t sound like around Brighton and Hove Albion

Do you wanna meet up and exchange views and life histories?

This is the kind of mouthy post I absolutely detest and just isn't appropriate!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Do you wanna meet up and exchange views and life histories?

This is the kind of mouthy post I absolutely detest and just isn't appropriate!

Meet up with you? I don’t do invites from bulletin boards and it would be a bit pointless wouldn’t it

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Up to the board in the next two weeks whether they belatedly want to invest in TWO proven pacey strikers to keep us in this league.The club banging on about breaking the club's transfer record just won't hack it anymore. Been trying to do it on the cheap for far too long now, which just ends up with us becoming ever more adrift of market rates and belatedly playing horrendously expensive catch-up. It's about paying the going rate for proven quality now. Else it's Championship football next season. Ask Sunderland how good THAT feels.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Up to the board in the next two weeks whether they belatedly want to invest in TWO proven pacey strikers to keep us in this league.The club banging on about breaking the club's transfer record just won't hack it anymore. Been trying to do it on the cheap for far too long now, which just ends up with us becoming ever more adrift of market rates and belatedly playing horrendously expensive catch-up. It's about paying the going rate for proven quality now. Else it's Championship football next season. Ask Sunderland how good THAT feels.

Got anyone in mind? Think easier said than done springs to mind.

Not many about IMO.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No, obviously. Only those who live up to their one-job description i.e. they are able to put the ball in the back of the net on a fairly regular basis.

Can you name any? Available, score goals, etc., etc. I'm sure your knowledge would be invaluable to Chris and his team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here