Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Any fridge freezer engineers on here?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hi guys

We have a frost free Hoover and we are getting ice build up on the bottom of the fridge compartment.

Any suggestions as to why. I assume there is water coming in the vents somewhere. But I can't see where you can un block something if that is what it is.

Thanks

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I believe that the regular fridge/freezer/cooker expert on here has recently got married.

He's probably having a Sunday morning lie-in :blush:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Hi guys

We have a frost free Hoover and we are getting ice build up on the bottom of the fridge compartment.

Any suggestions as to why. I assume there is water coming in the vents somewhere. But I can't see where you can un block something if that is what it is.

Thanks

Mine has a run off on the back wall of the fridge, a v shaped ledge with a hole at the bottom of the v to drain out to tub under the compressor, this sometimes gets blocked and allows the water to run to the bottom inside, have a look for that.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Hi guys

Thanks
Is it a solid tennis ball shape Dave?
My advice would be a full defrost (48 hours minimum), then turn it back on and see if the ice forms in the same place.
If it does I’d suspect a blockage in the evaporater.
A defrost might cure this, but in the vast majority of cases it’ll stay blocked I’m afraid.
Another cause would be a weak compressor.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is it a solid tennis ball shape Dave?
My advice would be a full defrost (48 hours minimum), then turn it back on and see if the ice forms in the same place.
If it does I’d suspect a blockage in the evaporater.
A defrost might cure this, but in the vast majority of cases it’ll stay blocked I’m afraid.
Another cause would be a weak compressor.

Hi mate.. thanks for this. Mrs DTG says it is a solid sheet of ice at the bottom of the drawer and an icicle from a what looks to be a vent on the back wall of the drawer.

If there is. A blockage , is there any way to unblock it?

Ps it is frost free and has auto defrost.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Hi mate.. thanks for this. Mrs DTG says it is a solid sheet of ice at the bottom of the drawer and an icicle from a what looks to be a vent on the back wall of the drawer.

If there is. A blockage , is there any way to unblock it?

Ps it is frost free and has auto defrost.
Get the ice off and you should see a drain hole in the centre of a V shape channel at the bottom (above the salad drawers)
Pour some hot water until the ice in the hole melts and the water runs down the hole.
If it’s proper frozen, you’ll need to stick something down to unblock it.

The auto defrost only defrosts the freezer evaporator, it’s good practice to manually defrost a frost free appliance once a year.
Run the stock down then switch it off for a couple of days

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here