Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time for Knockaert to be dropped?

Is it tme for Knockaert to be dropped?

• Yes

Votes: 105 57.4%
  • No

Votes: 78 42.6%

• Total voters

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I think Knockaerts’ attitude probably reflects that of the whole team at the moment except he can’t hide it and you can’t drop him just for that, it’s not going to solve the underlying problem, it would be like cutting your nose off to spite your face.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
just play him on the left and get him to go past people. don't understand why CH is so obsessed with playing wingers on their wrong side and cutting in.

And cross it to the one player we tend to have in the box when the wingers go outside? What’s the point.

Jul 7, 2003
Not for me. I think Knockaert is being harshly judged. I said at the start of the season this would happen. The problem isn’t Knockaert, the problem is getting the ball to Knockaert in the right areas. He is a player that will look good in a winning team, and not so good in a losing team. We need to find ways of stretching defences more. It was no coincidence that Knockaert and March saw more of the ball and had more space as soon as Baldock came on.

I've said this before - the problem is he seems to have forgotten how to be a winger. I agree about getting the ball to him in the right areas but half of the time, he isn't in those areas to get the ball. For some reason this season he has stopped going forward and keeps coming back to meet Bruno to get the ball. This makes it easier for the opposition to close the space down and cuts out an attacking option for us. So many times this season we have looked to switch play out to the right, only for Knocky to be in the centre of midfield.

It doesn't appear to be tactical, I think he is just trying too hard, getting too emotional and then we get the sulking etc others have referred to. Yesterday was very much a case in point and how he stayed on at half time instead of Jose is a mystery. I would drop him to the bench and use him as an impact sub, get him back to running at tired players and more importantly, getting playing with a smile again rather than a scowl.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
voted yes, i don't think we have the quality to play with 2 wingers and could do with a bit of tinkering in formation
(ps, I do appreciate this will never happen).....

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Only last week he scored a goal.....March clearly isn't on form ...someone suggested Tilly..sounds a bit like a panic measure...for example lets chuck the kids in..really?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Getting a bit fed up with his sulky attitude, can't be good for the team spirit, and let's face it, he is largely under performing this season, we all know he's capable of better so why isn't he doing it? Is his heart not in it anymore? Is he not up for the fight?...

Is it time to go with March & Izquierdo?

Not March! He is another one who is a shadow of himself this season. Looks like we need a winger, striker and attacking midfielder as a bare minimum to stay up?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Now that I would go for

Be better off signing a pacey full back who can defend and attack. Instead of a winger spending the game defending we’d have a full back who can occasionally attack but defend for most of the game. We could then stick a second forward up top?

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
just a thought our last premiership game before WBA Knockaert scored in. Yeah obviously needs dropping. :(
He is good enough for the premier league just games are much tougher. Would like to see him take his man on the outside more often instead of cutting in and losing the ball. This would also create more space for strikers as defenders are pulled out to close down. Sorry but 1 of our better players don't suddenly become one of our worst. This was always going to happen. Its happening elsewhere too Ritchie at Newcastle hardly hitting the headlines in the prem is he. Yet he was also 1 of the better players in the championship. Geordies thought he was better than Knockaert. They were wrong by the way. And still the case this season.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
You Solly March haters probs loved him last season too. Its the step up in quality that we are finding hard. Was always gonna be the case. Get off of the players backs. We need to fight this battle together. We knew it would always be this way.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Getting a bit fed up with his sulky attitude, can't be good for the team spirit, and let's face it, he is largely under performing this season, we all know he's capable of better so why isn't he doing it? Is his heart not in it anymore? Is he not up for the fight?...

Is it time to go with March & Izquierdo?

Perhaps having three men on you all the time, being asked to play exactly the same game as last year and having only one person in the box to pass to is getting to him. He has loads of talent, is he being managed correctly and being played in the same position too much. I don't suppose he likes being on the losing side either.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Try playing him on the right?

Might work might not. But need more movement and more bodies when going forward. CH is the manager I trust him. As said was always gonna be hard. At start of season if ya said we would be 3 points above drop zone with effectively 4 point (goal diff) after what is it 23 games.. Would take that. Keep the faith. And if all does go wrong at least we tried together.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
You Solly March haters probs loved him last season too. Its the step up in quality that we are finding hard. Was always gonna be the case. Get off of the players backs. We need to fight this battle together. We knew it would always be this way.

All the negative posters pipe up when the chips are down. When we are clear of relegation, they will be lovers again. Then the cycle will start again. I can’t understand some people especially when you see what goes on at other clubs.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
just play him on the left and get him to go past people. don't understand why CH is so obsessed with playing wingers on their wrong side and cutting in.

You do realise he’s played March on his “correct side” for most of the season. I’d argue March’s best games for us have always come on the right where he, like Knocky, appears to have more strings to his bow.

Still, if you can’t understand why managers use inverted wide men in the modern era, then you probably should learn more about this football thing we’re all on about. It’s a fairly regular occurrence after all...

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
You do realise he’s played March on his “correct side” for most of the season. I’d argue March’s best games for us have always come on the right where he, like Knocky, appears to have more strings to his bow.

Still, if you can’t understand why managers use inverted wide men in the modern era, then you probably should learn more about this football thing we’re all on about. It’s a fairly regular occurrence after all...

yes i realise he plays march on the left - was referring more to Knocky and Jose - but whatever way you cut it its not really working is it. Especially as March hasn't had a good game for weeks if not months. And thanks for being so patronising.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here