Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is it OK to show your disapproval?

LeTiss

May 20, 2010
Southwater, Horsham
As a fervent fan of the Albion for 45 years I have and always will follow them through thick and thin. I am guessing I have been to something like 800 Brighton games and have spent a small doing so, after yesterdays performance I was totally unhappy with that lack luster performance and for probably the 6th time in my life booed us off.

I wasn't proud of it but felt it was needed, clearly my actions upset people around me. In the debate that followed I got feedback like support your team, this is the team that got us there and clearly my attitude was challenged. So here's my question....is it OK to show your disapproval?

Yesterday we were:

- Negative and predictable against a poor side.
- Not one player played to the standard expected or the level they are capable of.
- Away from home we are going through the motions of staying in the game as long as we can but I feel we are allowing opportunities to drift.
- Looked poorly coached in certain phases

So I showed my dissatisfaction to let them know that wasn't good enough as far as I was concerned.That was worse than Leicester and Huddersfield, who were both in our faces (WBA weren't) but was I wrong?

PS: Is the drum and clacker combo the way to screw us up both on and off the pitch???

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Well, i didn't boo, even clapped them off at the end as i always do, but should add rather reluctantly, and accompanied with a scowl, which I hope they all saw and withered at. And yes, the drum and clackers are an absolute killer.

Last edited:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

QUOTE]

This is one of the most disappointing aspects of the season so far, in particular corners and free kicks for and against us. No imagination when the kicks are in our favour and same mistakes time and time again when the kick is against us. I thought this would be where CH and PT would shine. Why did Gross take a free kick in our half yday when all he did was chip it to their CB, usually a speciality of knockaert?

Don’t worry about booing, it’s better than trying to punch the bloke next to you cos you can’t get past him to get out!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I left with two minutes of injury time remaining, the last time I did that was West Ham away under Poyet.

I am not staying to applaud that!

In terms of booing, happened frequently at the Goldstone, personally think it’s a step too far, but if you pay your money.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Do what you want. Don’t feel bogged down by the “super fans” who think we should applaud our way back to the championship. Something needs changing. Hughton, big costing centre forward, never give another corner away ....

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I didn’t boo, but can understand your sentiments.

If they want the praise and the glory when they are performing they probably should expect the opposite when they put in a display like that.

That is what concerned me more than the result itself, the manner of how we performed and the lack of imagination shown by both the players and the management.

I sincerely hope it’s a bit of a wake up call for all parties really, from the players right up to TB that we need to improve in terms of recruitment, thought and organization. I know CH teams can be negative but until recently we’ve always been well drilled and organised even when we haven’t played that well.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I would boo if I thought it would improve future performances, but I'm pretty sure it just saps players' confidence.
Quite. Booing is never going to help anything - just makes everyone feel more negative and less in it together - so why do it...?

Far better to show the players pretty much unconditional support and give them confidence to play better and get points from remaining games as they will all be desperately keen to do.

Very obviously the fan behaviour that helps the players most is vocal support of them that communicates positive feelings towards them (liking, loving, admiring, caring, etc)... to boo them off when they are already gutted is to do the precise opposite - as an Albion fan why on earth would you want to do that..?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I don’t boo our players. I still feel they tried 100%. It’s not the players fault that we have no pace up front.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
I didn't boo as in a strange way a lot of our players almost care too much. Knocky was clearly upset when he missed his chance. Duffy was furious with himself when he hit one of the worst passes in living memory. Boo if the players aren't trying their best so I think you're wrong to boo yesterday. Most of your points anyway relate to the way they have been told to play.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
It's OK to show your disapproval, but I never think that booing the players ever helps.

Now if 2600 fans had stood there and stared at the team in silence at the end of the game, that would have been a much more powerful way to convey our feelings.

Applaud them when they win, but when they Royally mess up, like they did yesterday, they also need to know that we're not going to love them for that.

We have 4 winnable games against other 'Premier League Fodder' between now and the end of February and we need the players to know that yesterday's salvage attempts in the last 20 minutes and the preceding 70 minutes car crash are not what we expect to see in any forthcoming game.

End of the game yesterday should have been. :tumble:

Lush

Mods' Pet
Part of me thinks that they could have stood in silence in front of us too.

I know it was hard with the ****king drum and clappers, going 1 - 0 down so early, and the performance on the pitch, but we didn't do a lot to support the team yesterday.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Didn't boo. Left on 89 in utter frustration at how we are so predictable away. Duffy freed up as a roving marker on set pieces seemed to be the only tangible fruit from CH/PT extra defending sessions. And it failed completely.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
This column is great fun. Watching grown folks discussing when the application of the 'boo' is warranted as an after match measure of performance. I would like to ask if the more tuneful 'What a load of rubbish' was the forerunner or is this not yet up for discussion as it is considered a harsher application of derision ?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I didn't boo yesterday, but couldn't bring myself to stand there after the final whistle clapping like a seal.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
As a fervent fan of the Albion for 45 years I have and always will follow them through thick and thin. I am guessing I have been to something like 800 Brighton games and have spent a small doing so, after yesterdays performance I was totally unhappy with that lack luster performance and for probably the 6th time in my life booed us off.

I wasn't proud of it but felt it was needed, clearly my actions upset people around me. In the debate that followed I got feedback like support your team, this is the team that got us there and clearly my attitude was challenged. So here's my question....is it OK to show your disapproval?

Yesterday we were:

- Negative and predictable against a poor side.
- Not one player played to the standard expected or the level they are capable of.
- Away from home we are going through the motions of staying in the game as long as we can but I feel we are allowing opportunities to drift.

So I showed my dissatisfaction to let them know that wasn't good enough as far as I was concerned.That was worse than Leicester and Huddersfield, who were both in our faces (WBA weren't) but was I wrong?

PS: Is the drum and clacker combo the way to screw us up both on and off the pitch???
It's about the way you feel. Personally a look at the table has me worried. However result aside yesterday was a great away day. Hanging out with some great Brighton fans and meeting up with an old Baggies mate and his sons. Plus a couple of fantastic pints of Batham's Mild at £2.45 a pint (this is proper craft beer you fools).

We needed to weather the early storm yesterday, to stay in the game and it was always a struggle after yet another near post corner failure. Disappointing but not disastrous.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here