Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Members

Is it OK to show your disapproval?

4 Not allowed!
    As a fervent fan of the Albion for 45 years I have and always will follow them through thick and thin. I am guessing I have been to something like 800 Brighton games and have spent a small doing so, after yesterdays performance I was totally unhappy with that lack luster performance and for probably the 6th time in my life booed us off.

I wasn't proud of it but felt it was needed, clearly my actions upset people around me. In the debate that followed I got feedback like support your team, this is the team that got us there and clearly my attitude was challenged. So here's my question....is it OK to show your disapproval?

Yesterday we were:

- Negative and predictable against a poor side.
    - Not one player played to the standard expected or the level they are capable of.
    - Away from home we are going through the motions of staying in the game as long as we can but I feel we are allowing opportunities to drift.
    - Looked poorly coached in certain phases

So I showed my dissatisfaction to let them know that wasn't good enough as far as I was concerned.That was worse than Leicester and Huddersfield, who were both in our faces (WBA weren't) but was I wrong?

PS: Is the drum and clacker combo the way to screw us up both on and off the pitch

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      Well, i didn't boo, even clapped them off at the end as i always do, but should add rather reluctantly, and accompanied with a scowl, which I hope they all saw and withered at. And yes, the drum and clackers are an absolute killer.
      Last edited by Me and my Monkey; 14-01-2018 at 08:34.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      [QUOTE=LeTiss;8283035]
      - Looked poorly coached in certain phases

QUOTE]

This is one of the most disappointing aspects of the season so far, in particular corners and free kicks for and against us. No imagination when the kicks are in our favour and same mistakes time and time again when the kick is against us. I thought this would be where CH and PT would shine. Why did Gross take a free kick in our half yday when all he did was chip it to their CB, usually a speciality of knockaert?

Don’t worry about booing, it’s better than trying to punch the bloke next to you cos you can’t get past him to get out!
      never forget what Stanley, Archer and Bellotti did
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      I left with two minutes of injury time remaining, the last time I did that was West Ham away under Poyet.

I am not staying to applaud that!

In terms of booing, happened frequently at the Goldstone, personally think it’s a step too far, but if you pay your money.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
      I stood and watched the players leave the pitch amidst quite a subdued crowd, the majority of whom were proceeding to shuffle down the exits.
      Members

7 Not allowed!
      Do what you want. Don’t feel bogged down by the “super fans” who think we should applaud our way back to the championship. Something needs changing. Hughton, big costing centre forward, never give another corner away ....
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      I didn’t boo, but can understand your sentiments.

If they want the praise and the glory when they are performing they probably should expect the opposite when they put in a display like that.

That is what concerned me more than the result itself, the manner of how we performed and the lack of imagination shown by both the players and the management.

I sincerely hope it’s a bit of a wake up call for all parties really, from the players right up to TB that we need to improve in terms of recruitment, thought and organization. I know CH teams can be negative but until recently we’ve always been well drilled and organised even when we haven’t played that well.

12 Not allowed!
      I would boo if I thought it would improve future performances, but I'm pretty sure it just saps players' confidence.
      Forever a DAFT Bint

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lush View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I would boo if I thought it would improve future performances, but I'm pretty sure it just saps players' confidence.
      Quite. Booing is never going to help anything - just makes everyone feel more negative and less in it together - so why do it...?

Far better to show the players pretty much unconditional support and give them confidence to play better and get points from remaining games as they will all be desperately keen to do.

Very obviously the fan behaviour that helps the players most is vocal support of them that communicates positive feelings towards them (liking, loving, admiring, caring, etc)... to boo them off when they are already gutted is to do the precise opposite - as an Albion fan why on earth would you want to do that..?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
      The BHAFC forum is utter shite. They literally talk about everything except their own football club on there.

4 Not allowed!
      I don’t boo our players. I still feel they tried 100%. It’s not the players fault that we have no pace up front.