Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerBeerMan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We should try and play them offside more from corners, I just can't understand why hughton doesn't see this. If the normal doesn't work, go for the ridiculous.
    Bearing in mind you can’t be offside from a corner how does this work ?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      You learn how to defend corners on the training ground. Issue is therefore with Hughton.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      You learn how to defend corners on the training ground. Issue is therefore with Hughton.
      Hire in a forward line that can score from corners in order to teach them how to defend. Not much point them defending from our forward line as we will never score from a corner

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by fleet View Post
      Hire in a forward line that can score from corners in order to teach them how to defend. Not much point them defending from our forward line as we will never score from a corner
      I presume that Hunemeier and Goldson are in the attacking team when we practise defending set plays - neither of whom are particularly a threat.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GingerBeerMan View Post
      We should try and play them offside more from corners, I just can't understand why hughton doesn't see this. If the normal doesn't work, go for the ridiculous.
      Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorArgus/...34314493841408

Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.
      Members
      Trapped inside the Project for the New American Century

0 Not allowed!
      We conceded 50% more corners and nearly 100% more free kicks than the Baggies yesterday. Not sodding rocket science that if you give oppo more set piece chances then you are going to concede more set piece goals. You concede less set pieces by controlling the ball better and that means the midfield keeping it and defenders not pumping aimless long balls
      "I have been in professional football since I was 16 - that's 33 years this summer. I have seen and done it all. In Brighton, I thought that I had found a club that sat outside the norm. People who love their club but are realistic about their club's prospects in dire circumstances. That appealed to me. That is what I call true loyalty. Supporting the club as you have done through the hard times. I am prepared to be here through these hard times and to develop a squad as I have started to do in preparation for the day that we all move to a new stadium at Falmer. I need your support, patience and understanding in the long-term because there is no quick fix. I hope you will continue to give me that opportunity." Mark McGhee, 17th April 2006

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      Really?

https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorArgus/...34314493841408

Jeez. If Hughton has spent all this time working on corners and we still struggle then the issue clearly is with him.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by London Irish View Post
      We conceded 50% more corners and nearly 100% more free kicks than the Baggies yesterday. Not sodding rocket science that if you give oppo more set piece chances then you are going to concede more set piece goals. You concede less set pieces by controlling the ball better and that means the midfield keeping it and defenders not pumping aimless long balls
      We do give away a lot of corners, so law of averages says we are going to concede from them.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      The commentator on my stream yesterday made it abundantly clear that at corners we are watching the players and not the ball trying to stop runs etc instead of actually defending the ball and trying to prevent the ball reaching the attackers which is clearly what we should be doing
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by albionfan37 View Post
      The commentator on my stream yesterday made it abundantly clear that at corners we are watching the players and not the ball trying to stop runs etc instead of actually defending the ball and trying to prevent the ball reaching the attackers which is clearly what we should be doing
      Bruno's not usually just watching the players - but quite often manhandling them!