Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should Chris Hughton be given a full season even it it means relegation ?

Should Chris be given a full season ?

• Yes

Votes: 321 87.2%
  • Unsure

Votes: 27 7.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It's amazing how quickly people have turned on the back of a bad months results . . . . in 3 years and 150 matches we've taken huge strides with CH in charge. Yesterday was extremely frustrating, We're definitely in a relegation battle, and apparently bereft of ideas/inspiration on the pitch, however a change of manager will only make things worse. the starting line up and perhaps formation needs a bit of a shake up . . . . Chelsea is the perfect opportunity to try that, if we lose 4-2, at least we've scored 2 goals, which is as many as we managed in December.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Would rather the club concentrated on buying a striker - rather than change the manager with just 17 days of the window left.

The time to change the manager is before the transfer window opens, not during it.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Yesterday was a rubbish performance.

Now let Chris and the boys work at sorting it out.

Let's not become one of those clubs that changes managers mid-season. It is no guarantee of success.

Even Sami had the club's full support at the end. TB and PB know that throwing everything in the air is a risk and they believe in loyalty to create team ethos.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Recruitment team has failed him with the striker fail at the start of the season. Always going to hamper him hence the negative tactics

It doesn't matter who our striker is, if that individual is not afforded opportunities in front of goal, he won't score. CH is the manager of the team on the field, he sets the strategy, game plan and system that we play and currently he is failing. Our trajectory is downwards and yet we see the same strategy trotted out week after week, you can scape goat the recruiting team, but the buck stops with CH when it comes to what happens when the players take the field.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
It doesn't matter who our striker is, if that individual is not afforded opportunities in front of goal, he won't score. CH is the manager of the team on the field, he sets the strategy, game plan and system that we play and currently he is failing. Our trajectory is downwards and yet we see the same strategy trotted out week after week, you can scape goat the recruiting team, but the buck stops with CH when it comes to what happens when the players take the field.

The buck stops with bloom if we don’t spend the going rate for players end of !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
It's amazing how quickly people have turned on the back of a bad months results . . . . in 3 years and 150 matches we've taken huge strides with CH in charge. Yesterday was extremely frustrating, We're definitely in a relegation battle, and apparently bereft of ideas/inspiration on the pitch, however a change of manager will only make things worse. the starting line up and perhaps formation needs a bit of a shake up . . . . Chelsea is the perfect opportunity to try that, if we lose 4-2, at least we've scored 2 goals, which is as many as we managed in December.

You understate our situation,its been months of poor and indifferent results. Poor performances by players have been rewarded by being included on the next teamsheet. Our trajectory is downwards and now accelrating as those around us gain points and appear to have more resolve on the pitch than we do. Shrugging of a bad performance as ' bad day at the office' or its 'one of those games' is not acceptable, players taking to the field should be fired up on every occassion, this starts with the manager and his management team. They are currently failing, CH said in an interview yesterday that they worked on defending corners and set pieces all last week, well that was a waste of time then, because WBA took 4 minutes to find us out. I'm looking for players and the management team to stand up at this time and i'm not seeing it in any area at all.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
88% : Tony will be 100%
Quite. We are lucky to have such a brilliant Chairman.

The muppets spouting on here would probably struggle with cleaning his shoes.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
There are not many better managers than CH in the Championship, if it all ends in relegation the board would be looking for a CH type manager

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
The buck stops with bloom if we don’t spend the going rate for players end of !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not at all, how much did Burnley pay for Sam Vokes and Ahley Barnes, who were the star high value players in Leicesters PL winning season? The focus is now rightly on CH, his game plan, strategy and team selection, he has to come up with an idea and stop hiding behind the lack of signings. Do you really think that another striker will do any better in our structure, especialy if he never gets the ball infront of goal.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Yes, i believe so, as having him would give us a real chance of coming straight back up, and may have learnt his lessons about negativity, so will try to do things differently if we were to go back up, similar to Dyche.

Given those times we kept coming close to getting promoted out of the championship, This CURRENT squad doesn't have a gnats piss chance of coming straight back up.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
:sigh:
How many times does this have to be said - he was doing an excellent job at Newcastle. Just ask any Newcastle fan (or Mike Ashley, who has gone on record that he made a terrible mistake sacking CH). And, for that matter, although Norwich fans grizzled, they didn't get relegated on his watch.

Was he? Obviously Ashley thought differently and thought that he would do better with somebody else as manager Although not directly responsible for relegation at Norwich he contributed a lot towards it but that is not to say he wont pull us around given help and a change of his attitude towards the way we set up and play.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Same, but I think that's what CH set out to do today and it back fired miserably. We just don't have the creativity in front of goal to press the other team. There is only so much our defense can soak up when we are not being a threat at the other end of the pitch.
Hughton has set out to do that all season. Look at Bournemouth this afternoon. Go a goal down to Arsenal and haven't stopped trying to score and now they've taken the lead. Hughton would have gone into damage limitation mode.

I like Hughton but he does appear to be out of his depth in the Premier League. Forget personnel at his disposal, his coaching and tactics are questionable.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hughton has set out to do that all season. Look at Bournemouth this afternoon. Go a goal down to Arsenal and haven't stopped trying to score and now they've taken the lead. Hughton would have gone into damage limitation mode.

I like Hughton but he does appear to be out of his depth in the Premier League. Forget personnel at his disposal, his coaching and tactics are questionable.

You will get slated for hitting the nail firmly ion the head.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
You will get slated for hitting the nail firmly ion the head.
I know but like you, I don't care. Blind loyalty and happy clapping 'because look at where we've come from' won't keep us up or get us promoted next season. If there aren't some significant signings soon then we are unlikely to stay up. Bournemouth showed that taking the game to the opposition wins games.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Mr Bloom is engaged in a longer term project than just this season. The academy has been created to join up our youth and development squads with that of the first team. One also doesn't imagine that we will have signed anybody on wages that will leave us in trouble should we be relegated. We are hugely fortunate to have a chairman that cares passionately about the club and is creating an infrastructure that will create firm foundations for years to come and long term stability is part of that. Chris hasn't become a bad manager overnight and is working as best he can with resources that, while much improved, are still dwarfed by established PL teams. I'm optimistic that we will remain competitive in the championship should we go down this season and that Chris will still be at the helm.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
100% he should be given the whole season and if we do go down he should also be given next season to get us back up.

Our struggles are not down to him, I think he’s done superbly to get 23 points at this stage with the distinctly average squad he’s got. He’s got a really tough job.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
100% he should be given the whole season and if we do go down he should also be given next season to get us back up.

Our struggles are not down to him, I think he’s done superbly to get 23 points at this stage with the distinctly average squad he’s got. He’s got a really tough job.
He makes his job decidedly harder with his team selection, substitutions and tactics. If he takes us down what makes you think he will get us promoted next season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here