Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should Chris Hughton be given a full season even it it means relegation ?

Should Chris be given a full season ?

• Yes

Votes: 321 87.2%
  • Unsure

Votes: 27 7.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Yes, for sure. He didn't fail at Newcastle and Norwich in the prem - he was unfairly/harshly sacked in both cases. Neither of those clubs are any better for it. Newcastle have Benitez now ffs, and have spent shitloads more than us, and theyre currently sat on level pegging with us.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Should Chris Hughton be given a full season even it it means relegation ?

Should we be different from the others and show hope and loyalty ?

It's nothing to do with 'loyalty'. He's a brilliant manager. We've conceded 29 goals. That's one less than Arsenal and less than everyone else outside the top 7 - with the majority of the team coming up from Div. 2.

We all know we haven't got the ways and means of scoring a shedload, and that's why we're where we are in the table. Let's get a couple of goalscorers in and judge him and everyone else on what happens next.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have voted unsure because he seems as if he he doesnt know what to do to get us out of this bad run of results and the team seem to have gone stale as everybody has got wise to the way we played at the start of the season and he doesnt seem, to be able to change it. I hope not but do wonder if the Premier is a step too far for him as he showed at Newcastle and Norwich.

I do not think we would gain anything by sacking him but I do believe that he needs to re-adjust and rethink his plans and ideas for the rest of the season and its no good going on the radio saying we are working hard to bring in players accept what you have got and show some initiative to improve the situation. If new signings arrive all well and good if not survive with the players we have spent a lot of money on, by our standards to bring in, and use them in a way that is to the best of their ability. How many are doing what we all expected for the money that we paid?

Last edited:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I am not sure, but regardless of the poll result, the fact that he reverted to a 442, which seemed would never ever happen this season, was a smack of desparation.
He will see out the season and probably be given one more to get promoted again if we go down, but if he fails then I think a change will be made.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
100% behind CH - He needs to be given the funds to complete the project though. We look toothless in the final third most of the time and has been an issue for a while. We can't keep relying on grinding out 1-0 wins. (which even goes back to the Gus days)

A young up and coming proven striker and an attacker midfielder are essential this window, the rest of the team is pretty solid. (apart from defending corners)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
100% behind CH - He needs to be given the funds to complete the project though. We look toothless in the final third most of the time and has been an issue for a while. We can't keep relying on grinding out 1-0 wins. (which even goes back to the Gus days)

A young up and coming proven striker and an attacker midfielder are essential this window, the rest of the team is pretty solid. (apart from defending corners)

He says they are working on defending corners but there was no evidence of that again at WBA. It is such an easy thing to do but we make it look difficult. 2 points win the headers and clear it with a big boot very simple and we cant do either effectively and people are saying Dunk is a £30m defender just compare him to Johnny Evans.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Do you know that he hasnt been promised the funds and right now I would be happy with 6 x 1- 0 wins however achieved

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
right now I would be happy with 6 x 1- 0 wins however achieved

Same, but I think that's what CH set out to do today and it back fired miserably. We just don't have the creativity in front of goal to press the other team. There is only so much our defense can soak up when we are not being a threat at the other end of the pitch.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I have voted unsure because he seems as if he he doesnt know what to do to get us out of this bad run of results and the team seem to have gone stale as everybody has got wise to the way we played at the start of the season and he doesnt seem, to be able to change it. I hope not but do wonder if the Premier is a step too far for him as he showed at Newcastle and Norwich.
:sigh:
How many times does this have to be said - he was doing an excellent job at Newcastle. Just ask any Newcastle fan (or Mike Ashley, who has gone on record that he made a terrible mistake sacking CH). And, for that matter, although Norwich fans grizzled, they didn't get relegated on his watch.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
who are you going to bring in ? Sami H ..?
no need for the question... get behind him and the team. hope we can strengthen the squad mind you.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Definitely and we have done well to be 12th this season when everyone expected us to be bottom three. So we have had a bad run over the Christmas and New Year period but it is not the end of the world and the table is so close from 10th downwards so we can easily recover our position. Think we need to be realistic and accept it is more likely we will get a striker on loan rather than sign one. We can do this .......

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Nothing wrong with the manager.

Much wrong with the recruitment.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Nothing wrong with the manager.

Much wrong with the recruitment.

Indeed. We can't join Norwich and Newcastle in sacking CH when he is trying to fashion a team from scraps. It's a miracle we are not nailed to the bottom of the table with our championship squad and lack of firepower. We can survive, but if we don't I want CH at the helm to take us back up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here